The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
dt live phytoplankton regular or new premium reef blend, o rphytofeast live phytoplankton. all the dead stuff will just foul your tank but live phytoplankton is #1 in the ocean food chain. everything benefits, from the small fish to the corals to the small shrimps and copepods and amphipods that feed the smallest coral polyp. always follow directions and don't use more than recommended on the bottle or by fellow aquarists. the coral tissues love the omega fatty acids but you got to remember keep phosphates, nitratates, nitrites, and ammonia as low as possible via phosphate reactors, carbon, or refugium with various forms of light, filtration, and culerpa.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I use liquid life bio plankton and phyto plankton. IMO Don't over feed phyto because it can bring on some nuisance algae's. At least this has been my experience with DT's.
I have read its good for the sand bed so I add it once in a while.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
started using coralife invertabrate smorgasboard. Has no phosphates or nitrates and doesn't cloud the water like phytoplankton. Use once a week.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Ive been feeding photoplex by kent and reef solutions by ecosystem(2x a week) are these not good? Everyday I relize I know nothing about reef tanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts