The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 65 gallon aquarium to upgrade from my little 29 gallon im running right now. My step dad freaked out because he said T5s would cost to much to run. Im looking into buying LEDs. I know that LEDs are way more up front, but i am willing to pay a nice chunck of change for some quality. I want a good retro fit kit that has atinic LEDs, 10k LEDs and moon light LEDs. Can someone point me in the right direction and tell me what is going to get me the most bang for my buck?

· Aquatic Philosopher
15,750 Posts
A good DIY LED kit in the US is RapidLED. I built one but expect to know how to solder (fairly easy) or at least learn how to.

Otherwise, reduce the photoperiod.

· Registered
81 Posts
Are you in U.S. or U.K.? if you are in U.S. then I would go Radion, if you are in U.K. I would go with TMC's LED's.
There are also U.S. dealers that sell TMC leds for competitive pricing. I actually use TMC & quite honestly the pricing is very close to DIY prices, although TMC only uses Cree blue & royal blue for the actinic range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.