The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Post some pics! Mine has finally been still for 2 plus years as I had to move it a couple times, now I am getting a drilled tank and its back to the drawing board! :arg:

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Ernie Frankovich ( if that's the propper spelling ) a former club president, is one of the few that has resisted tank upgrades/downgrades and/or getting out then back in the hobby over the years.

His 75 is located on the staircase has been vertually unchanged since 1999 that I joined. I am sure it was up many years before that.

Longest one that I know of in the club that has remained virtually unchanged.

He is the one that has an 8-10 year old sebae that takes up about 1/2 the whole tank which was a perfect testiment to me that I really don't want one.

·
1,035 Posts
Started in 1992 with 2 tank upgrades for the home tank, still have one clown left from then too. The lobster tanks have been set up since 93/94....

·
Too Busy Fishy
456 Posts
smeese said:
Who has the oldest reef?

God

And it was doing fine until we all started dumping a bunch of additives we don't test for into it.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
thegrimreefer said:
God

And it was doing fine until we all started dumping a bunch of additives we don't test for into it.
Can't argue with that one. And it may be the nicest one! :freak:

·
Registered
264 Posts
My 240 has been set up as a reef since the early 90's. I started out with all Thiel Aqua Tech equipment, and a trickle filter, venturi skimmer and orp controller, which was absolutely the highest tech at the time. About 4 years ago, I took out the deep sand bed with plenum, and the sand was actually clean enough for me to reuse. At one time I had over 900 pounds of live rock in it. I still use the original filter, but not the trickle tower. The tank has never been moved, even when I redid the floor, I left it on it's own little patch of carpet.

It has been a money pit of extraordinary magnitude.

·
RIP Steve Irwin
5,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bam (filling in for ya since you can't really Bam yourself)

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
happy said:
The tank has never been moved, even when I redid the floor, I left it on it's own little patch of carpet.
LOL, I did the same thing, had a patch of carpet under the 90 for a few years when we ripped it up and went to hardwood floors. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts