The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week or so ago I got a lemonpeel angel from another club member.

It seems very healthy, but it is not eating much. It had sort of a hollow belly from the start, and it still does, though it does not look emaciated otherwise.

It did not eat anything at first, but has gradually started eating a flake food designed for vegetarian fish (has spirulina and other things in it....food came from JehmCo). at first only ate a flake or two and then just looked at the food but did not even nibble. Gradually has started eating a bit more, but still only 5 flakes or so before stopping. Gets excited when I come to the tank with the flake food container, but as I said, it barely eats.

Does not seem to be eating Formula II or mysis shrimp. Has pecked at Nori, but not really eating is as far as I can tell. Does not seem to even pick at things much in the tank (not even the fuzzy tufts of filamentous red algae).

I have read that they like green filamentous algae, but I have none of that in my tanks (except for some Bryopsis).

It is not seeming to me that the fish is eating enough, and I fear that it is going to start losing weight eventually.

The fish seemed very very nervous at first. Lots of pacing at the front glass. Still seems a bit nervous, but is calming down a lot I think.

Maybe it just needs to calm down, and then it will eat more, but I'm still a little worried about the fish.

Do any of you have any food suggestions?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Not going to be uch help to you, but when I had one it ate the tentacles off my haddoni anemone. Other than that, it was only fed what the other fish were fed. hmm...maybe thats why it went after the tentacles. Mine was also very calm, wasn't skittish in the least bit.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Dwayne said:
Not going to be uch help to you, but when I had one it ate the tentacles off my haddoni anemone. Other than that, it was only fed what the other fish were fed. hmm...maybe thats why it went after the tentacles. Mine was also very calm, wasn't skittish in the least bit.
Yeah remember...........you gave that fish to me!....God! How many years ago was that??

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, Havre, what did you feed it when you had it? Did it eat a lot, or just sort of pick at the food a bit and then stop eating like mine is doing?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Havre said:
Yeah remember...........you gave that fish to me!....God! How many years ago was that??
Yep, like Barnum says "there's one born everyday". :D

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
chazz-66 said:
Mine eats Emerald Entree frozen cubes:thumbup:
Does it eat a lot, or just sort of pick at the food a little bit? Does it get a plump belly after eating?

How long have you had the fish?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
capman said:
So, Havre, what did you feed it when you had it? Did it eat a lot, or just sort of pick at the food a bit and then stop eating like mine is doing?
A long time ago, but if memory serves it ate like a pig anything small, until it got eaten cause it was so small.:drool:

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, each day it seems to be eating more. Today it ate about 25 flakes of food before stopping (flake food is the only thing it is touching so far).

Maybe all will be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts