The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i NEED A SMALL FISH TRAP TO CATCH A SMALL FISH. aSSISTANCE APPRECIATED.
tHANKS
dEREK

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont have any acrylic, but I was thinking maybe a 2L pop bottle? Or even a 20oz

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
There are several different fish trap models/styles you can do a search on RC. I think the rc link in my thread has some other alternatives.

Mine works awesome. I have no experience with other models to know how effective they are. Scrap acrylic should be easy to get ahold of and just about an kind of saw would do. Mine I oversized the top piece so it can sit on the lip of glass tanks so doesn't have to be on the bottom.

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
I have one that works great. How do I get it to you ?

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
frogbone, I could meet you at OD sometime? Savage isnt too big. LMK
Thanks
Derek

·
Banned
2,176 Posts
epidemic said:
frogbone, I could meet you at OD sometime? Savage isnt too big. LMK
Thanks
Derek
I live a few blocks away from there. Any evening will work after 6pm. We can meet tonight if you need it right away.

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I could do it at like 7:30 or 8. I'd prefer to wait until after rush hour. Thanks you. PM me a phone number and I'll give you a jingle later.
Derek

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
epidemic said:
I'd search RC, but I am banned! Those Bass-tards!
What the heck did you do to get yourself banned from RC???

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
carman34l said:
What the heck did you do to get yourself banned from RC???
I publicly accused one the moderators of fornicating a dog, then a few members. Skrew them!!!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
epidemic said:
I publicly accused one the moderators of fornicating a dog, then a few members. Skrew them!!!

LMAO Thats funny...........

·
Whuch' you need?
3,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought so. I had a few drinks and just kept pushing it. I was laughing my butt off while I was typing

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
ok back to the trap... i want to buy one. where can i get one?

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
That works for me too. Most of the fish will come and eat from my hand anyhow. I just hold the net in there for a few minutes. Then hand feed as usual. It will take them a bit longer to come up... but they will, oh, they will. Muhuwahaha

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
the ones that were harder i just left the net in there and walked away for a while ,after a day or two of doing that they got used to eating out of the net and it was a piece of cake . if they are hungry enough they will do anything. obviously works better with a big net.

I've also done it with a specimen container , they swim right inside and i scoop them up.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
the net doesn't work on my damsel. i'll try something else. maybe a clear soda jug will work.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts