The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:) I'm out weeding my big flower bed, I've been looking foward to this all week which is odd cuz I hate weeding! :rolleyes:
I'm in WI and I have daffodile buds and iris buds at the same time... my tulips were in their peek flowering just this week.
Once I got those pesky weeds out I see little lilies starting to poke up, and my hens are having chicks, and I found a little toad! He's so cute! :D
I ordered about 25 or so grape hyacinth bulbs off of ebay from a ladies private garden, and they're just awesome already this year! They're also peak right now.
Well I'd better get out there and finish or it won't get done. Here's my little buddy!

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Hey Jess we need pics of the garden :) I have yet to start my Flowerbed this year I may go flower shopping Thursday when I'm off for the annuals to fill it

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh what a cute little frog!
I'll get those pics uploaded and then post a link... we're unwinding now and making dinner, but I'll get to it! ;)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,191 Posts
Umm....this is a hard spot with me. Wish I could grow tundra. All that is popping out of the snow is a spare tire and old beer cans.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Snowcones are good too....our first season is over... So far this year we got over 15 lbs of tomatos, some broccoli, lots of carrots, eggplant and lots of flowers my wife planted. This year so far has been a good crop. Right now we are in our dry season so we are getting our summer plants started.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
look at all those veggies! Many here don't even begin planting their veggie gardens until after memorial day due to fear of frost!!! We just had a pretty hard frost again last night.

·
Super Moderator
26,823 Posts
Great photos of toads and frogs, Jessica and troutt :) Sounds like good gardens going on there. My yard is too shady to plant veggies any more. I tried container gardening for tomatoes, but not enough time in the sun.

But there's honeysuckle and gardenia in my yard. That makes for fragrent evening air :D

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok here's a link to my flower pics! There is one bed down by the driveway made around a big oak with a potato planter in it. Then there's the big bed with the cedar swing and the little windmill. As well as various plants that are in the raised beds around the house, and I have lily of the valley coming up on the north side of the garage but no pic of those yet.
http://jessica.photos.us.com/c931747.html

·
Banned
2,995 Posts
My 'maters
went in the ground last weekend and I pulled a few weeds, but there is lots more work left. My knee can't take too much of that yard work at a time- I had to get drugged up just to sleep that night.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We've got a flowering crab that is only as tall as me and it's flower buds are swelling, they smell sooo good! We planted that last year, as well as 3 baby lilacs that are almost blooming too, and they've grown a lot already! They're about 2 1/2 feet tall, but hopefully they'll shoot up fast. Then there's our honeysuckle that we planted at the base of the bird feeder, it's also budding out and the chickadees are so cute perched in it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts