The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering who can drill 1.5" holes in tanks? I was going to have Jerry do it but I think he might be out of town and I kinda have to get this tank drilled so I can set it up before my girlfriend goes crazy with all this extra fish stuff lying around the apartment. So if anybody knows anyone who can drill holes in fishtanks as well as be willing to drive to my place and do it I would greatly appreciate it. I live right in Minneapolis in the the Uptown area. AND OF COURSE THEY WOULD BE COMPENSATED FOR THEIR TIME.

Thanks,
Josh

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Your welcome to stop by and drill it yourself in the driveway. Its super easy, and other folks have done it here. For use of the diamond bit I ask for... $5-$10 tip, or 24 pack of diet Coke (Pepsi... whatever), or your first born child. ;p wait, wait... you can keep the kid.

·
TCMAS Member
5,667 Posts
Josh, A 1.5" hole will only fit a 3/4" bulkhead.

I assume you mean a hole big enough for the 1.5" bulkhead which is what Fritz mentions is actually a 2.5" hole.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I just got the news that the tank cracked right from the get go on drilling. I actually thought Clownnut was pulling my leg. I am very sorry to hear that. I hope it does not dissuade you from drilling again. No overflow = bad.
Once again, I am sorry to hear the news.

-Fritz

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess its just gonna be one of those days. Its just such a bummer to have to invest in another tank and take another chance drilling one. I am talking to Keith at Ocean Devotion right now about another 75g that hopefully he can get drilled for me ASAP. I just hope I can get everything that needs to be done today and tomorro. Thanks for the apologies though.

Josh

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes, I must say Jerry really hooked me up and now I am indebted to him forever. Thanks A lot Jerry, I really do appreciate it. I would have posted earlier but I have been busy getting the tank put together. I must say it is coming along very nicely. In the end everything has worked out for the best. Thanks Again Jerry.

Josh

1 - 16 of 16 Posts