Nitrate 10-15
ph 8.1
calc 420
alk 9dkh
48" current extreme pro T-5 fixture

dose schedule
brightwell aquatics part a and b every other day
brightwell vitamin c once a week

My issue is i get great LPS growth but when i look at other people pictures of their SPS i see like an inch of white tips. now wheather thats because of macro photography or if its real i dont know. now my birdnest has seem to have alot more new branches "nubs" but they are not white like i see on other pics. why is this? this tank has only been up for a bit over a month. is there something else i should be doing or is it just becuase the tank isnt mature. please reference these pics
http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/new-pics-not-dial-up-freindly-116595.html

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
You probably need to give them more time, especially when switching to a new tank. Chances are, the corals are adapting to new lighting and flow conditions.

·
196 Posts
I have blue and pink mille frags. The blue has grown quite fast in the past two months, and have yet to see a white tip. The pink has also grown, but at a slower rate, and once again no white tips...But I suspect that your experience is more than mine, so I will not argue...

·
196 Posts
BTW, the color on this guy is much nicer in person than the picture, but I was showing it as a reference to the "growth" tips.

here is a 4 week before picture too:

·
196 Posts
yeah, I see, mine definitely does not get white tips like that.

BTW, I have not been around here much lately, but sorry to hear about your crash...

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,717 Posts
yeah, I see, mine definitely does not get white tips like that.

BTW, I have not been around here much lately, but sorry to hear about your crash...
-Shrug- In this hobby I'm afraid periodic equipment failure is something we just have to accept, the best we can do is make sure were prepared when it happens. Thanks for the condolences :)

It will grow out again! In the meantime I'll post older pics :funny:

Whiskey

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
nitrates are probably not the problem. are the corals encrusting onto the LR? do you have any algae problems? wondering if your PO4 could be low. how many bulbs are in your light fixture? you could be low on light, if you have a lot of sand in the tank than you will need to up the lighting to counter the phosphates from the sand bed.

G~

1 - 13 of 13 Posts