The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the micro things on the back of the glass is?? Anyone know? I don't clean the back glass as most on here don't, just the front and sides.

CHEERS
:beer:
DERM

·
Registered
658 Posts
Well, without a picture it's tough to say... but they could be hydroids (kinda like a jellyfish) or the beginnings of a sponge colony. I have a bunch of small white sponges growing in various places throughout my tank which started out the same way. If it's a place that you don't scrape, it could also be copepods which feed on the brown diatoms. Do they move around?

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some of them move while others don't. The ones that move are very small and dart pretty quickly, the ones that don't move seem like they are round or curled into something round?

·
Ughhh.. Dinoflagelettes..
1,262 Posts
yeah.... everyone has those white spirals... I think they are a form of tube worm...

Then again, they may be the things that chalk is made out of... For some reason I remember that from 3-2-1 Contact or Mr. Wizard or something....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.