The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed recently some white fuzz on a portion of one of my live rocks. It almost looks like cotton fuzz attached to the rock and it sways softly with the current. Its not pressed against the rock but it looks kinda loose and extends off the rock a bit. Could this be some sort of fungus? Is this bad for my tank?

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
it does look like a fungal or bacterial mat.
is this new live rock?

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
most likely it's die off on the rock, try to siphon or scrub it off as much as you can and it will go away in time. if you do scrub it use the water from the next water change and scrub it in the bucket just make sure not to expose the rock to the air as much as possible this is probly why it appeared in the first place.

·
Administrator
18,788 Posts
most likely it's die off on the rock, try to siphon or scrub it off as much as you can and it will go away in time. if you do scrub it use the water from the next water change and scrub it in the bucket just make sure not to expose the rock to the air as much as possible this is probly why it appeared in the first place.
Is that what he's talking about? I thought it was the white cloudy colored item. If so...+1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts