The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
The white ones eat the red/brown ones? Hmm...maybe I should siphon a few of my white ones and give them to a friend who has some red/brown flatworms.

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
I looked them up fearing they were hydroids in my seahorse tank. They are just a pain and that is all. They kinda disappear once the tank gets mature is what I have found. I sucked htem out with a syphon but I have found that my now deceased mandarin would eat them as wwell as flatworms.

Ray

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
i think they come in on the LR when you first set up a tank. i had a few but not anymore. i think they are looking for the red flatworms to eat, since i apparantly did not have any they all died away.:( i was hoping some would stick around just in case i were to accidentally get some red ones.

i would absolutely siphon some out and give them to a friend who has the red ones. if for no reason then to keep a population going somewhere just in case you get them. if you do not have any reds i think the whites will die off.

G~

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
I have never seen a red one in my tank. They also eat various little pods on the glass (so I have heard). But I have always had a few white ones. Hmm..how does one gift wrap a flatworm? :)

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Jeremy,

Save those white flatworms. We might be interested in trying them out in the 30 gallon tank. We tried them once, but only got a couple and they didn't have much of a chance. I would love to try it again.

Andrew

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I took one of them out of my pico and stuck it in my 20 gallon. I'm not positive it made it, but I guess ill find out. Hopefully a few more pop up in the pico and I can get a decent supply of them in my 20 to try and take out some of those remaining red flatworms...

·
Administrator
48,763 Posts
Jeremy1973 said:
I have never seen a red one in my tank. They also eat various little pods on the glass (so I have heard). But I have always had a few white ones. Hmm..how does one gift wrap a flatworm? :)
Hehehehe I remember once Brooke was fragging xenia that she had a lot of and would send it back to anyone who sent a "Flatbox"
Seems like the perfect container :D
Seriously you could prolly stick a couple dozen in a SW filled film canister, tape securely and wrap in bubble wrap and ship USPS priority fairly cheap.
If they do indeed eat the red ones it would be worth having people in different areas culture them :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.