The Reef Tank banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Well there's a quint essential GOOD NEWS/BAD NEWS story..... :rolleyes: Good to hear there's no snags in your system. That makes 2-GOOD NEWES I guess, so you're ahead of the curve,

The algaes I had in my new system are just about history thanks to these new lights. I knew from the word GO those old bulbs were going to give me fits. Score 1-GOOD NEWS for me!
Hack

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
That was the weird thing, for the second order I didn't use Amazon, and the new vendor just said that shipping was "Flat Rate" and had a cost of $0.00 on the invoice. I have no idea how fast it will be, but I can only assume it's free.

Speaking of old bulbs Hack, mine on the 135 are getting close too. I might go Blue+ and Atinic mix next time to get a deeper blue from the T5.

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
.......pssssssst.. :sneaky: ......hey Pal.......I can make you one heck of a deal on some 'slightly used' bulbs......
Hack
😁
This is a problem sometimes actually! I've seen people list used bulbs for free on the club sites and other club members ask them not to because there have been people scoop them up then then turn around and sell them as new bulbs.

Whiskey

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Sham......I got about 64 of the 'pretty colored' ones, and another 16 of the 65K's. New Ya say...... :unsure: ....hmmmmmm....😁
NO I wouldn't pass on used bulbs to anyone.....even if they're aware of it, all you'll hear is, 'I can't get good growth from those new bulbs you just gave me!'. DUH! But still you'll hear it.
Hack

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Sham......I got about 64 of the 'pretty colored' ones, and another 16 of the 65K's. New Ya say...... :unsure: ....hmmmmmm....😁
NO I wouldn't pass on used bulbs to anyone.....even if they're aware of it, all you'll hear is, 'I can't get good growth from those new bulbs you just gave me!'. DUH! But still you'll hear it.
Hack
I mean if you added a couple extra tubes they would probably still work just fine! Or for supplemental lighting I'm sure they would be good. I've never really bought into the color shift algae issue argument, I'm sure the color shifts, but I just don't think that it's any worse algae wise. I think it's more like the less light isn't as good for the corals and so they aren't out competing the algae anymore.

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I have an update!!! The tank is actually setup as I type, but after the transfer I tried to get into the controller's local pages to update the module config and discovered that the memory was corrupt and the controller was shot. More on that later, but that took 16 hours over the last 2 days to figure out so I don't have any progress pics to share.

However, I do have pics of some new coral that I picked up to put in there. I'm super excited to have room for more LPS again!
IMG_5084 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5085 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5087 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5092 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5093 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5095 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5099 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5101 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5105 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

IMG_5107 by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Whiskey

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
However, I do have pics of some new coral that I picked up to put in there. I'm super excited to have room for more LPS again!
'SOME'? My dear Fella.....THAT ain't 'some'......THAT THERE is an official SCADS!
:unsure: :LOL:
Hack

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
'SOME'? My dear Fella.....THAT ain't 'some'......THAT THERE is an official SCADS!
:unsure: :LOL:
Hack
We had this coral show called called the Barn Burner in town in OKC here, and I took full advantage :D

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

·
Administrator
18,910 Posts
Hey Whiskey.....want to come on out and chew the fat with us tomorrow night at 9p EST? We'All took a week off and feel a wee 'chatty'. :ROFLMAO:
Hack

41 - 60 of 70 Posts