The Reef Tank banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Super Moderator
Fry Daddy! Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse
33,961 Posts
Wiskey, I like the bag idea the best. Especially if you are dealing with Sps. Smaller frags in smaller bags and then colonies in larger bags. Depending on how many you are talking about I guess will decide if it’s doable. That way you can place in box or coolers with a heat pack taped to top. I imagine it’s going to be cold when you move. It’s more work but probably the safest way to move.
it’s easy for me to say because I’m not doing the move. But I have moved a lot of tanks over the years and by placing in a cooler or buckets you stand the chance of damaging them having them bounce around.

· Super Moderator
33,961 Posts
Oh yeah!? That's awesome!! The tank is down your way, south. It's about an hour outside of Dallas. I forget exactly where you live, how far off the 35 are you?

Thank you,
Whiskey
You may have an extra set of hands to help load. That a big tank. I assume it’s glass.

· Super Moderator
33,961 Posts
Sounds like a good plan. All the work will be worth it. Getting the corals first is probably a better and less stressful way .
If you live closer I would probably take you up on the leather coral. But shipping live is so expensive these days if you aren’t a regular shipper.

· Super Moderator
33,961 Posts
When a place offers 49 dollars shipping that’s a bargain and even better if they offer free after a certain amount.
fir me yo ship an overnight package with seahorses overnight the minimum cost fir me is about 85 dollars to about 110 for a ten pound box. Then add the supplies. It’s outrageous . Then add in late arrivals.

· Super Moderator
33,961 Posts
Looks really good. You have a way with wood . I never was really good at it. Mainly because I don’t plan things out. Lol
When I did my 150 back in Kansas and my neighbor came to help and ask me where are my plans , told him in my head. He laughed and made me draw up plans. It did come out nice , my VHO’s were on rails that pulled out to change bulbs. .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts