The Reef Tank banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I had a busy weekend!! My generator came in, I connected it to Natural Gas and my home's generator connection and broke it in for about an hour. After that I cut over to generator power, and I was able to run both tanks, my internet stuff, my blower motor for the heater, my water heater, the Fridge, and some lights in the house. I call this a huge success! I ran on generator power for about 30 min then cut back. (you are supposed to break it in like this for the first 4 hours apparently).

After that I started learning how to pour concrete! I needed a pad to put the generator on because the chances are good that if I'm using this it's not going to be great weather. This side of the house is a little low so it tends to get swampy and I wanted to elevate the generator until I have the time to bring in dirt and level the area.
Concrete Pad by Wiskey2727, on Flickr

Whiskey

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,967 Posts
And of course you had to go 'fancy schmancy' with yer 1st attempt also huh.......WOW!
I am shocked seeing the 1-week growth video.....looking forward to the 6-month, and 1-year also!
Hack

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
And of course you had to go 'fancy schmancy' with yer 1st attempt also huh.......WOW!
I am shocked seeing the 1-week growth video.....looking forward to the 6-month, and 1-year also!
Hack
Well,.. The forms come off today - so we will see if it holds ;) I hope so! I think it looks really good. I'm not entirely sure if I kept it wet enough because I struggled with the plastic and ended up using wet towels but didn't realize the issue until 10 hours after the pour. It was night though so I think it should be okay. Next time I do this for a concrete BBQ pad, or pads for my garbage cans I'll buy a plastic painters drop cloth. That will work much better. The whole project only cost $25 in concrete! It was really cheap. Heavy, (5 bags, 80 lbs each) but cheap.

I'm looking forward to the growth videos too!!! Next up is the 1 month video,.. I have data for it but not with a still camera. I'll post it when I get to a months worth of still images. I think it should be only a week or two before I get to that point.

Whiskey

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I just got back from Masichuticts! I was out there for about a week. While I was gone the weather dumped rain on my generator under it's running cover, and it all stayed dry! Plus the Pad stayed above water which is great. Later I will install rain gutters but for now we are where we are with this. Yesterday evening I fired the generator up and all worked as expected under the running cover after I made a few adjustments to avoid having the generator shut off for Carbon Monoxide.

While I was gone my Month time lapse caught up with the camera not moving. Here is 1 month of growth on the tank:

Whiskey

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,967 Posts
Yeah.....I thought they needed bigger tanks for all their swimming? We might have to rethink this? 🤔 🤣

I'm shocked Whiskey at THAT growth in just one month! VERY NICE!
Hack

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Yeah.....I thought they needed bigger tanks for all their swimming? We might have to rethink this? 🤔 🤣

I'm shocked Whiskey at THAT growth in just one month! VERY NICE!
Hack
Thank you Hack! You miss it when you look at the tank every day, but these things really do grow! I love seeing the side by side.

I also like hanging a picture next to the tank that is a complication of photos spanning from the tank setup. It's fun to look back at.

Whiskey

81 - 90 of 90 Posts