The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
:eek: Awesome! Well done Whiskey.......Is this like a prelude to this now becoming a 'forever home' for you and your new guests?
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
FANTASTIC NEWS BRO! Is the house around where you are now, or far afield?
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
THAT would be most cool! 15 minutes? Heck..... bribe some neighborhood kids and the 'Little red wagons'.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
I HAVE GOT TO GET AN 8 X 10 GLOSSY of that Blenny! AWESOME!
Once my Phosphates fell below the scale on my API kits I quit checking them, and go by 'looks'. Whatever you are doing Whiskey, KEEP DOING IT! 👍
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
THAT sounds top shelf cool right there Whiskey keeping a photo album of your tank's journey. WAIT.....I'm an 'old person'.....are you talking a PAPER PICTURE ALBUM or 'virtual'? Either would be cool, but PAPER on a coffee table would be awesome!

As far as 'me doing things right' Pal, the jury's still out and won't pass judgment till I get tired of this hobby.......After that righteous battle I fought with GHA 4-5 years ago which started me on the road of 'cleaning my tank up'.......paying attention to Nitrates n Phosphates, and my journey to control/lower them. And this leading me to my Carbon dosing journey with Vodka, which I'm in my 4th year of now, I think. Has allowed me to keep my NO3 at a level I choose, which is > 0 < 5 ppm which I find our system likes the best, and Phosphates below the scale of API I am in my HAPPY PLACE with THAT. I haven'd seen any GHA rearing it's obnoxious head since then. THOUGH at the moment I am inching towards panic till I get my new skimmer and my UV back on line.....THAT'S just a wide open door for bad juju.
Plant Flower Underwater Marine invertebrates Water
Underwater Plant Organism Marine biology Terrestrial plant
Cloud Bird Sky Grass Underwater

Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS Whiskey on your' move, and getting settled in......with your new tank up and running already.....WOW!

Looking awesome AS ALWAYS Pal, right down to the photography. Hope the new lighting continues to thrill Ya.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
I loved this stuff,
And if'n it was for shear looks, I'd probably still be using it. Just enough to cover the bottom, and siphon out a section at a time as it got dirty.
Only problem is.....I'M A LAZY REEFER! By time I get around to cleanings bad juju has a chance to set in. 🤔 😁
Hack
I'm loving having a little sand in there again! It's a little more work to keep it clean, but I love how it finishes off the look of the tank.

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
Looking around I notice there's no one else around willing to be nosy.....OK, I'm up......How in the heck much did you have to pay at a retail dealer for THAT HAUL Whiskey? There folks, I asked for Ya!

Nice haul, but looks like you may have pawned the new house for it.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
There's ZERO DOUBT Bro you'rs will be the talk of the town! VERY NICE with the steady flow of frags you're coming acrossed.
Peace,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
Do you have your 'coral growth camera' on this set up Whiskey? It'll be simply AMAZING watching all this grow out!
Very nice Pal,
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
And of course you had to go 'fancy schmancy' with yer 1st attempt also huh.......WOW!
I am shocked seeing the 1-week growth video.....looking forward to the 6-month, and 1-year also!
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
Yeah.....I thought they needed bigger tanks for all their swimming? We might have to rethink this? 🤔 🤣

I'm shocked Whiskey at THAT growth in just one month! VERY NICE!
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
OK SPS Man.....
I've mentioned working on my lighting, but I don't think I've posted pictures yet. This lighting is how it will stay. I have 4 Hydra 32's and 4 39W T5's. I'm shooting for Par between about 350 and 200 and I've just about nailed that. This tank is an SPS tank, my plan is to grow out the SPS enough that I have partly shaded areas for the LPS.
What's the scoop on 'combo lighting' vs straight t5's?
Going to be paying close attention now to you and Vinnie.....just in case.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
Like I said, I haven't chosen a tank yet, wide open to opinions.....but am picturing having 1 of my 4' (8) bulb t5's supporting it.
Am leaning towards a shallower tank....I like the 24" depth of this one. So keeping PAR above 250 will be a breeze.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
MH and VHO actinics still my favorite lighting.
How do you get away with using MH's in La.....do you use a chiller, or just a super duper AC in your home?
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
'They' do enjoy phasing things out....1st my t12's, then 8's.....hope the 5's hang around for a while....ain't looking forward to any glass tubes smaller than them.
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
WOW......That's huge! 😯 Is that to give you the heighth above the water you want?
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
THAT'S top shelf quality looking my Friend! 👍
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
Ohhhhhh,now the embarrassment starts.....Whiskey has his camera out!
This Guy is a water box picture taking guru!
Hack

·
Administrator
17,775 Posts
.....HUhhhhhh, you got to speak up Sonny....🤔:ROFLMAO:

I actually found my 'noise threshold' with my Monster skimmer.....thus the new LifeReef.
Silent.....not by a long shot.....but everyone has their 'tolerance'. LOVE the idea of a joint sump....BE WAY COOL! Hope smarter folks can help solve the variables.
Hack

1 - 20 of 45 Posts