The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Just some guy, you know?
40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!!! Long time no talk! I just figured I'd drop in,.. share a few pics, and let everyone know I'm not dead.

The contract job that had me traveling around all the time ended, so I find myself concentrating on looking for work and studying once again. I still do some side work for my friend when there's a need - not enough to get my own place, but it keeps me fed. :)

In the meantime I'm using the time I have off to explore a little and have some fun!

I went to Pismo:

I went to Moab Utah with a yearly off road run:

This is the famous "Golden Crack"

This is my buddies truck:

Things don't always go to plan:

That has been a ton of fun! I'm glad that I'm able to use my time off to have some new experiences.

I have a tank back finally! Now that I'm not on the road 3 weeks out of the month I setup a small fresh water planted tank - it's not salt water,.. but I still enjoy it, I really missed my tanks.

I'm still not smoking,.. and I'm loosing weight again!

Except for the whole no job,.. and not having my own place thing things have been pretty awesome - and the time I'm not using to play I'm using to educate myself so that hopefully the no job problem will soon be a thing of the past.

How is everyone doing? What's new?
Whiskey

· Administrator
61,329 Posts
Awesome Pics Wiskey, looks like you fixed the Cherk up real nice, did you get lockers for it.
Pretty much the same old same here, you need to boot some of the old gang in the hiney and get them to pop in ;)

· Super Moderator
35,854 Posts
Whiskey!!!! It's great to see you. Love the action shots!

I better get a stout breakfast going. Strong coffee, scrambled eggs with cheese, and cowboy potatoes. SC peaches on the side.

Awesome Pics Wiskey, looks like you fixed the Cherk up real nice, did you get lockers for it.
Pretty much the same old same here, you need to boot some of the old gang in the hiney and get them to pop in ;)
:rotflmao:

See you all later!

· Retired Wanderer
22,686 Posts
Great pics Whiskey and good to see you back.

I am exhausted this morning from not getting to sleep until midnight from volleyball.

· Carpe Noctem
17,077 Posts
Hey Wiskey!!! I so miss train runs in Moab! I have not been there in 10 years.

Good to see and hear you are doing well!

40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Seeing the pics has me itching to get a modded Samurai :)
We had one of those on the AZ run!!!! It was crazy,.. the thing was so small, even though it was only on 31 inch tires or so, it could go allot of places. Lines that the bigger trucks had issues with it went right between - though the downside of that was steps the bigger trucks walked right up, he had to go around because of his short wheelbase.

Whiskey

40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boot some of the old gang in the hiney eh? I was hoping some of you had a line on them ;)

Thanks! It's locked up in the back, but not the front. The next step is to re-gear it.

Whiskey

40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hello Wiskey....

Great name to remember.....Don't say you're Jack or Daniel.

From viewing your pics I'd say you're enjoying the days about as much as a sane or 'insane':bigeek: rock climber might do. Looks like fun.

Dave
We have a new face here! Sweet!
Neah,.. I'm more of a Crown Royal. -you know- smooooooth

Whiskey

40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whiskey!!!! It's great to see you. Love the action shots!

I better get a stout breakfast going. Strong coffee, scrambled eggs with cheese, and cowboy potatoes. SC peaches on the side.

:rotflmao:

See you all later!
Hey there Cath!

FYI - that peach might take a few teeth with it :nuts:

Whiskey

40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Great pics Whiskey and good to see you back.

I am exhausted this morning from not getting to sleep until midnight from volleyball.
What's up Perry?! Hey! You know what? Are you still in CO? There's only a 50/50 chance I'll be able to go, but if I can - I'll be up in your neck of the woods in a couple months.

Whiskey

40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Wiskey!!! I so miss train runs in Moab! I have not been there in 10 years.

Good to see and hear you are doing well!
Did you run? Or mountain bike? Amazing place isn't it? Those trails just take you right up the side of cliffs - really breathtaking.

Whiskey

· Carpe Noctem
17,077 Posts
Did you run? Or mountain bike? Amazing place isn't it? Those trails just take you right up the side of cliffs - really breathtaking.

Whiskey
Sorry.. trail runs... I can't spell in the mornings... Heck no I only 4-wheel. We used to go every easter and memorial day weekend from the time I was about 16 until I got married. used to run prichard canyon, golden spike and hells revenge every year with trips to the dunes, the sand wash and moab rim on occasion;)

40,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Oh,.. gotcha! So you've run the crack then! What kind of truck?

We flipped 6 trucks leading a run up Green Day - 4 of them were buggies, I think they wanted the excitement - broke 2 windows out too, that was quite an exciting day.

The rest of it was more mello - golden spike, poison spyder mesa, Fins and things, cliff hanger, Gold Bar Rim, Metal Masher, and a couple I can't remember right now. I wouldn't run Green Day again - and there's one other that I really had no business on without a front locker.

Whiskey

· Carpe Noctem
17,077 Posts
Oh,.. gotcha! So you've run the crack then! What kind of truck?

We flipped 6 trucks leading a run up Green Day - 4 of them were buggies, I think they wanted the excitement - broke 2 windows out too, that was quite an exciting day.

The rest of it was more mello - golden spike, poison spyder mesa, Fins and things, cliff hanger, Gold Bar Rim, Metal Masher, and a couple I can't remember right now. I wouldn't run Green Day again - and there's one other that I really had no business on without a front locker.

Whiskey
I guess the kind of truck depends on the year:funny:

First I had an 87 wrangler with 4" lift, 31s, 4:56s and open diffs. Then I had an oopsie with that and wound up rebuilding it with a pivot swap, AMC 360, dana 44 axles front and rear, t400 and mod 20 transfer case on 33s. That thing was a beast!

Then I had a 92 toyota on 33s and a soft lock in the rear, then a cherokee on 31s...

Then I built a 97 splash with a procomp modified lift (about 6") with serious travel, on 33s with ARBs front and rear, 4:56 gears, full cage etc. Serious rock crawler...

But then I had kids and have not returned... I've been looking at TJs right now, but until I know if I'll be employed in January I just can't bring myself to another purchase:(

Your picture at the dunes reminds me of the fun we used to have... Is that at the dunes south of town, old competition hill on the north end or the new competition area?

· Retired Wanderer
22,686 Posts
That is all fancy stuff. We just have Kermit with 6 ply Wranglers and the up country package. We still go a lot of places so I can just imagine where those way modified rigs can go.

Whiskey we are still in Colorado Springs. There are some nice Jeep trails on the other side of the continental divide. Ouray was the most spectacular place I have been since moving here.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.