The Reef Tank banner
52K views 963 replies 42 participants last post by  AZINDY 
#1 · (Edited)

I know,.. I know. I said I wasn't getting involved, but then I got this idea :doh:

The situation is that I have a 10G that's in my wall and has been empty since June when I gave away all the plants that were in it.

I will enter if:
1. I have everything I need laying around.
2. I can design this system so I literly never have to touch it.

The plan:
1. 10G tank, Reef, softie no fish (no feeding)
2. 1 G or so sump to the side of the tank, this will enable me to have an autotopoff.
3. Automated temprature control.
4. Small PC lamp for lighting,.. somewhere between 32 and 55W, depends on what I have,.. this will be on the only good reflector made for PC's.
5. Araginite sand,.. I have this stuff and it cost me $50, so I'm dying to use it for something.
6. A bunch of dry live rock I have running around,.. Makes me wish I didn't give away the rock I did after the transfer to my 180.
7. Bunch of random soft corals from my 50G,.. Zooas, shrooms, leathers, anthelia, GSP etc.

This should be fun! :)
Whiskey

See less See more
#40 ·
Okay,.. here's where I'm at right now. I took the tank down, cleaned it out,.. drilled it for a 1" bulkhead, and found what I think will be a good sump. What I can't find is a float valve to install :(

I'm using the bottom half of an oceaniac 90G salt container for the sump,.. it's very flexable but the tank side and case side will keep it from falling apart.

I will look for the float valve again tomorrow, then brace the sump for it, and get a tun of line and run it to the RO/DI resivwar on my fridge.

Once the glue dries I'll be filling it up and searching for whatever live rock I have left.

Whiskey

#42 ·
wow you work fast :D
Okay,.. here's where I'm at right now. I took the tank down, cleaned it out,.. drilled it for a 1" bulkhead, and found what I think will be a good sump. What I can't find is a float valve to install :(

I'm using the bottom half of an oceaniac 90G salt container for the sump,.. it's very flexable but the tank side and case side will keep it from falling apart.

I will look for the float valve again tomorrow, then brace the sump for it, and get a tun of line and run it to the RO/DI resivwar on my fridge.

Once the glue dries I'll be filling it up and searching for whatever live rock I have left.

Whiskey

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.