1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres what im looking for:
1) comes out enough for me to enjoy
2) does not eat/kill corals

...well thats it really, i figured my list would be longer but i guess not. anyways, im trying to decided between a blood fire shrimp, skunk cleaner shrimp, or sexy shrimps. which would you recommend?

ive heard fire shrimps are the best looking but dont come out often
skunk cleaners are out often but steal food from corals
and sexy shrimp eat some corals depending on the shrimp and what coral it likes best.

thanks,
Aaron

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,720 Posts
Skunk cleaners have amazing personalities.
Blood reds are gorgeous, but hey hide... If tried to explain to Larry that he owes me $37 worth of front tank frolicking, but he's an ungrateful snob.
Both steal food, but it's their nature. Once they get a big piece they are happy, and you can fed the nem or whatever again.

·
little fishy girl
4,135 Posts
I loved the skunk cleaner shrimp whe I had them mine passed away and I got a hawkfish love him the best but they eat shrimp

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a fire shrimp and a skunk shrimp. I see the skunk shrimp about 2X as much. Peppermint shrimp are always a fun and safe bet too!

·
I know nothing!
692 Posts
Fried shrimp of course.....

Oh, you mean live shrimp... I've always been partial to the skunk cleaners. Although the scarlet shrimp would add a nice splash of color...

·
Registered
106 Posts
most of the food you will feed a coral is way to small for the shrimp to get. Mines skunk cleaner likes new life spectrum 1mm sinking pellets but that's more fish food than coral foods.

·
Registered
685 Posts
None of You guys got it right :)
best shrimp to have is a Peacok Mantis Shrimp !!! most amazing animals on the planet full stop !!! And yes You can keep it with corals, fish, CUC and anything else You want if You know what You are doing (I keep mine with everything mentioned and another mantis shrimp with no probs at all)
The only thing they don't like are anemones as when stunged they go crazy trying to jump out of the tank.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
None of You guys got it right :)
best shrimp to have is a Peacok Mantis Shrimp !!! most amazing animals on the planet full stop !!! And yes You can keep it with corals, fish, CUC and anything else You want if You know what You are doing (I keep mine with everything mentioned and another mantis shrimp with no probs at all)
The only thing they don't like are anemones as when stunged they go crazy trying to jump out of the tank.
I don't like/want a mantis shrimp. Too ugly IMO. Lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.