The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my mind set on one of the Octopus skimmers for my 75 gallon (only live sand and live rock are in there now - still cycling.)

I only have a Fluval 405 running now and it's working quietly and decent so far but I will upgrade to a sump in the future but not right now. I want to get a skimmer going.

I only want a HOB, but should I go for the Octopus with a filter, the double one, the one with a surface skimmer, etc? Many different models and am looking for some expertise/recommendations.

I'm new to this hobby and am taking things slowly - the tank has been cycling for 2 weeks now, and the nitrites are sky high. (Will be mostly FOWLR but will probably have a few very easy corals/mushrooms in there eventually.)

Thanks for any help.

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
Well 75 gallon is about the upper end IMO for a HOB skimmer. But given the options I would go with either the bh100f or the bh300f(1st choice, but more expensive).

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
I remember that the instructions were a little hard to figure out, so when you get it if you have any trouble give us a shout back;) Cool skimmer though, I would run one if I ever set another sumpless tank up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts