The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm feeling for opinions and insights as to what MIGHT be a suitable addition to my 30 gal in which I have a 1.5-2" saddleback clownfish and a strawberry dotty back. I emphasized might because I will settle for nothing. I understand it can be hard to acclimate fish into aquariums with established fish. My saddleback has been in there since the beginning almost and was with an azure damsel until just two days ago when I finally broke down and pulled the azure out because he hasn't had perfect looking fins in too long. I used to have a bicolor that jumped, but he was no problem (minus acrobatics). not tempermental. the strawberry however likes to keep the azure from hiding in his previously preferred spots and then ofcourse the saddleback will just nip and chase.

so if I can squeeze another fish in there, I would love to have three again. The clownfish would be the pita. I'm thinking another benthic dwelling fish, but am not sure how well the strawberry would take to a new addition. Also lately considering another damsel. my lfs has a fair sized devil damsel that looks of good size to put up a fight and I know they are nasty. Just looking for feelers and doing research all the meanwhile.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I also would not be opposed to hearing suitable suggestions for the azure in my 20 gal mushroom tank. mushrooms love dirty water so I would not mind throwing a fish in there instead. He's currently in there with a perch that is the same size as him, for now, but I'm only holding that clown for a friend while he prepares a tank.

·
Registered
11 Posts
go to live aquaria.com

go look and fishes you like it will tell you tank size they need and compatability

ps i have a 46 gallon now but in my 20 gallon my yellow tail damsel hasnt given me problems they are beautiful and the least agressive of all the damsel

1 - 3 of 3 Posts