The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I feel like I'm ready to add some fish to my tank :fish: . I'm thinking of adding at least one or maybe two clown fish but I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for reef safe fish that would do well in a 30 gal tank. I have a DSB and just a few frags in there right now. I'm looking for fish that won't get too big either. How many fish would be too many? :confused:

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am really into the fairy and flasher wrasses right now. You could get one male in that size tank. It would be really pretty.

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
I have 6 fish in my 38g and I'm at capacity (2 seahorses, 2 pj cards, a firefish and a bicolor blenny).
Remember that shrimp add color and interest and don't really add to the bioload!

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Hoang,

Get the blue spot jawfish (not blue spot goby). They are freeking cool. Mine is building a tunnel out of little rocks that I keep putting in the tank and he swims in and out of it real fast and at night he covers it ups with a special lid he chose. Only thing is... if anything alive gets with in 2 inches of that opening it gets bit, ANYTHING.

·
Premium Member
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
three90s&125sump said:
.. if anything alive gets with in 2 inches of that opening it gets bit, ANYTHING.
So, Jason, does that anything include me too? I don't wanna lose a finger :funny:

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I agree with verde ad, I LOVE the fairy wrasse tons of different colors and very hardy. Check out the redhead saloon wrasse!

·
Registered
107 Posts
All good suggestions.
If you go with clowns and you are thinking about 2 make sure you add them at the same time. Get a real small pair of clowns so you have a good chance of them turning into a male, female pair.
do you have a canopy on the tank? if not then a FF may not be a good idea, they are known jumpers as well as the BS jaw fish.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts