The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Nano reefer and Jeeper
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from the 6th all Ohio Frag Swap! I got a purple Acropora, A blue tip Acropora, A purple Gorgonian, and a Maroon/Green Acropora! All for $40! I thought it was a good deal....$10 a frag! Anyway...does anybody know if the gorgonian needs anything special? I was told it was a photosynthetic gorgonian. I just put all the corals in the tank...also, I got three trochus snails...they're happily attacking my algae problem. I can't wait to let these corals grow into my very own coral garden! Anyway...just thought I'd share my new acquisitions..if I can get a good pic with my digital, I''ll post it. Maybe I'll let the snails attack my algae for a bit b4 any pictures...the algae's embarrasing! Also, as per the retailer who sold me my corals, he said that the one was large enough where I could break off the frag from the base, and there was enough encrusting growth on the base to make a new coral! So there's two for the price of one! :D :dance:

·
Wrasseman!
1,835 Posts
I wish we had big ol frag swaps around here. Sounds like fun. Just put the gorgonian were it will get some flow there pretty easy.
Randy

·
Nano reefer and Jeeper
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, he's in a spot with some good indirect flow...I wanted that just in case he grows into an actual fan...I thought it would be cool if he actually swayed in the wind! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts