The Reef Tank banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hubby woke me up very early this a.m. because the tank was making some "bad noises"(never a good thing). "Oh my gosh! My perc is in the overflow! Time to PANIC!" How in the world did that happen, you ask? Well, you know those GIANT Turbo snails....the bulldozers of the tank? One decided it would be a good idea to push a powerhead pipe out of the way into the overflow. And since that just happens to be where my perc sleeps.....he got sucked down! Then Mr. Turbo decided to join him. And you know how smart turbos are....he lodged his big fat self in the pvc intake pipe....hence the noise. What a way to start your day......

"The best part of waking up, is turbo in your pump."

·
Summer and Alyssa's Daddy
2,679 Posts
Just Think Nicole, now you know why I have my tanks drilled. I have woken up from a cat howling because my tank was dumping water on the floor. I don''t Have that issue no more...LOL...not will filters on the overflows. One way to avoid it is Lisa put in a small guard rail on hers.

Ray

·
Registered
184 Posts
similar thing happened to me, only when my bulldozing turbo hit the powerhead he redirected water out of the tank which proceeded to dump about 40 g of water onto the floor :( Those Turbos and powerheads are a dangerous combination, you may want to to consider a permanent separation or an extremely secure powerhead.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Deff have to secure the pipe in place.

That way Turbo cant push it up and out again. Perc. is great. He's a trooper. Stunned at first but now back to ole clown ways :D
Happy ending to an otherwise disaster!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.