The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find one so I'll start one.

GOOD SUNDAY MORNIN!!!!!!!!!

I got a possum fish yesterday and had to get on up to check on him. Darling little guy :D When someone out there helps me with my camera settings(hint,hint), I'll post a pic!

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
Mrs Smith said:
It's right here! Good morning all! Time for coffee and the Sunday comics!

Danielle
Just what I was thinking, Nicole and Danielle. Let's go wake up the guys :D :D

Good Mawnin' TRT!!! I don't dare have coffee on Sunday AM before church. I can just see me now having to make a pit stop in the middle of church :eek: :eek: Yipes! the critters (squirrels and what not) sure are busy playing in the attic today.

My brother and his wife from Norman, OK are here for the next couple of days. Greg doesn't fly...says he'd rather drive for 17 hours :rolleyes:

Extra prayers for Johnny in Montanna and everyone hit by the power outage of the north east.

Love and hugs and peace to all of you!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
hey, i found the good sunday morning thread :D

ok, so my brother had the PERFECT wedding yesterday :rolleyes:

for starters, they had an outdoor wedding. it was sooooo hot and MUGGY that it was almost unbearable.

it started to thuinder.. LOUD.. as soo nas they started saying thier vows.. i'm like ok, sign from god #1, this marriage is a bad idea.

it started pouring down cats and dogs, big painful raindrops, within seconds of him kissing the bride. i'm like ok, sign from god #2 this marriage is a bad idea.

so everyone runs for thier cars, after the new couple gets in the limo. they and the rest of the wedding party are gonna go driving around for a few hours, while the rest of us head over to the hotel where the reception is, and snack on some horsdevours while we wait on them.

we get to the hotel....NO POWER... seems they had power until, literally, five mintues before we got there. lighting struck a transformer pole less than a mile away, and the whole area had no power. power company said it would be 2-3 hours before power is restored, and hotel says no power, no food, no party. so we wait. sign from god #3 this marriage was a bad idea.

1/2 hour later, my brother, the new groom, calls and says they'll probably be late getting to the hotel, because they were sitting at a red light, in the limo, when someone slid on the rain soaked road, and rear ended the limo!!! they were all un harmed, no injuries. but the limo company had to send out a new limo to pick them up to conitnue thier ride. sign from god #4 this marriage was a bad idea. (we opted not to tell them about the lack of power at the hotel under the circumstances)

well, about an hour an a half later, the limo is pulling into the hotel driveway, and everyone from the hotel is hanging out in the lobbey, and out front smoking, since there is still no power... and just as the limo pulls in front of the dront door, and we see the strange looks from the wedding party wondering why everyone is outside instead of inside.....the lights come on, and stayed on!!!

ok, so theres one good sign that this marrieage MIGHT be a good idea. the rest of the reception was great. nobody did anything too embarrasing. no one started any fights or arguments. and everyone had a great time.

i tried really hard to talk him out of getting married, but inside it was more reverse psychology thing :D they've been togather about 6 years, and she truly is a great woman, and they love each other dearly. so i'm really happy for them.. but for the bulk of the day yesterday, i wasn't so sure :funny: :funny:

·
Registered
808 Posts
mornin all!!!!

ive got a friend who had a bad wedding story also....unity candle kept blowing out at the altar!!! would not stay lit! and still 4 years later this year the marriage is having trouble staying lit as well:(

congrats and good luck to your hermano!:dance:

·
Premium Member
17,355 Posts
:lol:LIAR! LIAR! PLANTS FOR HIRE!!!
cath said:
...I don't dare have coffee on Sunday AM before church...
then how do you stay awake during the sermon??? :D AND...
Cath also posted...
...the critters (squirrels and what not) sure are busy playing in the attic today...
how are you online with the iMac if the squirrels are playing in the attic???

:nuts: :banana: :rolleyes: :banana: :nuts:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Good Morning TRT!!

Funny story wedding story Jay! :banana:

Well my morning has not been real good. I had to restore the computer to factory condition because Pat deleted some fonts and then tried to put them back in and it made all the text on the computer very small. So I restored the computer but in the process of doing that I make a mistake concerning windows and had to restore all over again!:mad: And of coarse had to put in the anti-virus programs and others that we use as well. Finally got it all done!:beer:

Heard on the news last night that 200 homes had to be evacuated because of the fires! Have not had the TV on to see what's up with the latest report on the fires!

Well besides that everything is fine!:D

Of coarse I hit the wrong key and had to edit this post three times!!:funny:

Have a great Sunday and time for more coffee and breakfast!!:dance:

·
Registered
852 Posts
Mornin' all. :)

Today I go fish shopping - hope the lfs around here had generators for the black-out :rolleyes:

They're talking about rolling blackouts for tomorrow - wondering if I'll get stuck in a subway tunnel on the way to work... wearing very comfortable shoes in case I'm walking :bigeek:

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
Jeez I don't know who's funnier Jay with the wedding saga or Tom with the imac jokes.
Nicle what kind of info re: camera settings do you need to know, I am sure someone here can be of assistance.
Oh Good Morning BTW, it's my grandson's 11th B-Day today so if I type slow its cause my walker is too heavy and the Geritol ain't kicked in yet ;)

·
A goof
2,923 Posts
Good day everyone,

We are getting tired of the HOT and dry weather that we have been having, It is in the mid 90's today and tomorrow :eek: and we have not had any significant rain since June.

I am finishing up my big UV project today :D, I am going to have a 150 watt High Output UV on our 135 reef :D Thanks Jerel for getting the idea in my head

Jon

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Good afternoon all!

LOL Jay! Great story but it sounds like it's going to have a happy ending. :) At least no one got STRUCK by lighting...that might have been a little over the top. I've been at various weddings where the bride was late, the groom was late, a bridesmaid fainted, the bride fainted, the mother of the bride fainted, the bride's veil caught on fire from the unity candle, the silk ferns around the alter caught on fire from candles set to close to them and to top em all, the priest's robe caught on fire from the unity candle. At our wedding they couldn't get the tape player on the PA to shut off and the wedding march played what seemed like *forever* while we stood up there, waiting. They finally had to run upstairs and pull the plug, LOL.

Ooooh; new fish for CAT! What are you getting Cherry?

Alice

·
http://atlanta-smas.org/
1,688 Posts
good morning...i mean afternoon.

I got a possum fish yesterday and had to get on up to check on him. Darling little guy When someone out there helps me with my camera settings(hint,hint), I'll post a pic!

i have some advice. i would never attempt to cross any roads or bring the possum fish out into the street. i have no idea how that thing made it from the lfs to your place.

;)

·
Registered
852 Posts
Hi Alice. I didn't get any fish :( (I was looking for a couple more chromis). When I called the lfs, they told me they'd started the generator the next day after the blackout and that the fish were ok --- they weren't, many were covered with ick or flashing, and some were very thin from no food for the 'long' weekend.

Jay, why do I get the feeling you might be (just a tad) against marriage :funny:

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
me...against marriage... nahhhhh :funny:

well, ok, maybe JUST a TAD :D

but it certianly DOESNT have anything to do with the 9 month nightmare of a marriage i had, or the day my wife left and stopped at the bank on her way out and withdrew 10 grand... nah, doesnt have anything to do with that :D

MAYBE some day, mrs. right will come along, instead of mrs. rightnow. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.