The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to sell my light fixture? I lisetd it in the classifieds, but it seems like no one really looks there. I want to get rid of them pretty quickly, and being that theyre usually about $225-250 or so, I dont think thats too badly priced at $200.

Anyone know where to list em? Theyre in the classifieds, that cant be the only place!!

·
Registered
297 Posts
Craigslist is free, sell stuff there all the time as well as trade www.craigslist.com, find your local area. takes 2 minutes to place an add and no charge. I see people looking for tanks and fixtures all the time

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
you should have a local reef club, scroll down on the main page till you see a forum for your area.

·
Premium Member
24,599 Posts
I agree with a local club or ebay, One thing You will find on anything used is that You will take a lost, It they sell new for 225.00 to 250.00 new , used I think 200.00 is alittle high,Or the little more most will rather pay and buy new. JMO

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
I actually bought a light fixture from someone here!

·
11,345 Posts
r6413utah said:
Craigslist is free, sell stuff there all the time as well as trade www.craigslist.com, find your local area. takes 2 minutes to place an add and no charge. I see people looking for tanks and fixtures all the time
Just make sure if you DO use craigslist to ever buy anything and are going to have anything mailed that you make them set up a buy it now for you on ebay or pay with paypal and insure it. Craigslist IS free and you cant trust more than a few people who use it. Ebay is a great tool to minimize your risks. Plus if they do set up a "buy it now" for you and there feedback is a total of 3 with 2 negatives.................

For what its worth jflip, if you want to sell that light you need to drop it $50 and accept anything over that as a bonus. VWD's right on the people will buy new if its close, especially that considering after your shipping cost, it costs the same or more than new because most vendors will ship hardware for free on orders of $200 or more. No offense, its a nice light, i have one over my 46, just trying to help you sell it.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would take $150 if it were very soon. I would lose $50-$70, but then I used it for a little more than a month so I can look at it like I Rented for that much =\

1 - 12 of 12 Posts