The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a 150 Gallon reef tank built and I'm wondering where to have the overflow box and return lines drilled..
The tank size is 60x24x24.. My choices for the overflow box is either in each rear corner, middle of back wall or on one side of the tank which would run front to rear and be 24 in in length.. As for the return lines I think top corners on the back wall would be best...
Thanks to anyone who helps

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Some very good points tcamos. I think what sells me on it, is the quietness that has earned its reputation. My tank is fairly noisey running into my standpipe when at full water capacity. Still quieter than my crappy remora pro skimmer though. :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wouldn't you think having the overflow on one side of the tank front to rear, 3in. wide and 24in. long, create a greater flow than just in the middle back?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Well also have to look at locations of powerheads. If for instance, you have a powerhead high up on the side with the c2c, it would actually push the detrimus away from the overflow defeating the purpose of trying to catch it in the sump. There are many different opinions on what people like so it is hard to get a direct answer. Could start a public poll on here and ask the voters to describe what they have and the pros/cons of each of their setups.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts