The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find these snails. They are super hardy! I found him last year when I was just stocking up on live rock. My tank wasn't even running and the water was like 6 months old. The tank sat in a room with big temp fluctuations from 72 to 80. He lived there for another 6 months with no lights or water flow. This guy is a trooper.

I got it as a hitchhiker although I am not exactly from what. I know they are from down under but would like to find a place that sells them online. The one I have is gorgeous, about 2 inches long. They have this sort of drape around them that dances in the current.

·
Registered
7 Posts
They are reef safe. I have several in my tank with plenty of sps (birdsnest included) and they have yet to do anything besides plow through the algea growing on the back glass and nearby rocks.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After having posted my earlier response, I have discovered that the ample algea on my back glass has spurred my scutus snails to multiply... I found several smaller ones around the size of skittles. I can't find them for sale anywhere either, but at this rate I might set up shop myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts