The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello TRT!!! I purchased a tiger sand conch about 3 days ago. I only saw him for the first day and that was when I put it in the tank. It burrowed down in my live sand but I could still see the top of its shell. The next morning it had completed buried itself in the sandbed and I haven't see it since. I hear they will poke their eyes out of the sand but I haven't seen any signs from the conch. Should I be concerned? Should I try to find him and place it back on top of the sand?
:worm:

·
Sharksational
614 Posts
Nope just leave him alone. He is trying to get used to his new home. He will come out when he is ready and hungry. If you havent seem him in a week or two, then i might look for him.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool thanks for the reassurance. I'll let him get aquainted for a few more days before I start to worry.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found him :beer:!!!! Not sure if I wasn't looking closely enough or what but, I went back over to the tank and saw his little eye sticking out of the sand. Still hasn't moved from the spot I saw him last, so I'll let him get use to the tank for a couple more days before I worry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts