The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my tubing in my sump connected to the pump, but the tubing keeps coming off the pump. I can't use a metal clamp since it's in water, but I need something to keep it on. It already almost caught fire or just burnt out my power strip day before yesterday. It has come off 2 or 3 times since. I just finished putting it on again this morning. What is a good clamp to put on this. The tubing is 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch.

·
11,345 Posts
You can get plastic hose clamps, (marine depot for one has them but im sure they can be found cheaper........although a zip tie like mentioned should do the trick.
Personally, i use flexible pvc everywhere so everything is glued so its a non-issue

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
I use zip ties and tighten it down by holding with pliers and rolling them

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
i have a large pair of pliers type thing that uses 1/2 inch thick zip ties and tightens them like you wont believe, its always worked for me, but the plastic hose clamps should be fine.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Casey said:
I use zip ties and tighten it down by holding with pliers and rolling them
You can use a pair of dykes and pull it tight as well by twisting against the part the tie goes into. Just squeeze them a little so you don't cut through. The girls in manufacturing taught me that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts