The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a sump premade with baffles. I can't maintain a consistent water level with my current one (no baffles) and I can't get my EV-120 skimmer tuned right. Does anyone know where a good place to buy a sump liike this would be?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
A good place to start would be classified ads, or ebay. Sumps are not the cheapest thing in the world to buy, so try and find a used one first.

·
11,345 Posts
How big of a sump do you need??? Dimensions??? I may be able to help you out........

The baffles arent typically for water level unless you use a couple at different heights on the ends to house a skimmer or refugium in different set-ups...the baffles are generally to kill air bubbles.

To maintain a consistent water level throughout the sump you need to install an auto top off system to account for evaporation......

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fly Guy said:
How big of a sump do you need??? Dimensions??? I may be able to help you out........

The baffles arent typically for water level unless you use a couple at different heights on the ends to house a skimmer or refugium in different set-ups...the baffles are generally to kill air bubbles.

To maintain a consistent water level throughout the sump you need to install an auto top off system to account for evaporation......
30x14x16 or so would be nice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts