The Reef Tank banner

where are my yellow wrasses

3K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  123456 
#1 ·
just added two yellow wrasses to my 55 and then i wated about a half hour and could not see them at all i have no idea where they are so i went about doing my water change and cleaning my rocks of my small alge problem but the extra boost of water changes as of late are helping with the alge:drool: any way because i moved the rocks out into a bucket for about 5 min so i can restack themall clean i realised that i cannot see the wrasses so in the fear of theat they are in a rock i put all the rocks back into the tank and get on the computer ? are they in thesand,are the in the rock or are they dead :cry: can somone pleas help me or somthing fast i am realy scared

#2 ·
More than likely they are just hiding somewhere due to being introduced to a new environment. I've experienced the same thing of adding a new resident to my tank only to not see it anywhere for several days. My cleaner shrimp does that to me on a weekly basis. I can't find it anywhere even though I look everywhere in my tank. And then at some time when I'm not actively searching for it, I see it pop out from behind the rock somewhere.

Give them a couple days, I'm sure they'll show up!

#11 ·
good news got up today and saw them both swimming around the tank :) i put some frozen brine shrimp in there and they eat like pigs but they are a bit shy when we get to close to the tank but only to the point of going behind yhe rocks not in the sand thanks every one

#15 ·
Brine shrimp for them is like popcorn for us, it is a treat but not very nutritious at all. They should eat a variety of frozen foods such as Mysis Shrimp, Krill, Plankton, Cyclopeeze, and so forth. One of the San Francisco Bay brands for saltwater carnivores is a decent choice, and some people swear by Rod's food.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.