The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Gang,

When is the next meeting? I know that it is going to be in Vancouver, but I will probably have to plan this thing out a couple of weeks. I'm competing with the "Creative Memories" classes being held this month.

Thanks,

Dave

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Hi Dave!

Scott's working on details right now, we should be able to post the meeting date this week.

Happy New Year! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Well I have talked too Renae @ The Deep Sea Gallery and she said any sunday will work for her so I am shooting for the 20th or the 27th @ 2pm. Which date will work best for everyone?

I will have the date and directions for the meeting / coral frag trade on our web-site by the end of the week. And remember bring some coral frags too trade:)

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Folks,

Either day would work for me. It looks like I'll be coming up alone this month - maybe I can get a semi retired reefer to come to this meeting.

Shall we agree on the 27th?

Dave

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi Everyone, Deep sea is going to be moving at the end of this month so there store will be mostly empty on the 27th. Renae emailed me and said the 13th would work out better for them because of the move. This date will also allow us to be able to purchase stuff and browse at there tanks since the store will be empty on the 27th.

Let me know if the 13th will work for everyone if not we will keep it on for the 27th.

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
The 13th works fine for me. Or the 20th. Or the 27th. :) One question: when is the Super Bowl? It doesn't really matter to me but some people might want to watch it ;)

Alice

·
Registered
343 Posts
Ok the super bowl is on Feb 3rd. But I think it would work out better for The Deep Sea Gallery if we held it on the 13th 2pm. So this will be the date for the meeting / frag trade. I hope everyone can make it and I am sorry for the run around with the dates.

For Directions go to:
http://home.pacifier.com/~reef/Events.htm

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'll be at the meeting and thanks a lot Scott. I totally agree about the shipping - I've already lost 2 sets of worms from other people because they got too cold. I don't think that I'll bring any frags - I've got lots to give but I don't want to infest other peoples tanks w/ these planaria. I spent about an hour today siphoning worms out of my tank, but thank goodness they've never really got to total plague proportions.

See ya on the 13th.

Dave

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mojo....glad to hear you'll make the meeting! I have seen pics of your tank and it is BEAUTIFUL! Is the little pic of the guy below your screenname pretty represenative of what you really look like? Will you be arriving in a car or on a Harley?:cool: :D

Dennis

·
Administrator
47,043 Posts
Hey all I am going to try and make it up for the meeting. I have a couple 4" AC fans if anyones interested

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hi all!

New guy alert! New guy alert! Actually not too new... have met Dennis and Kim through my 'ebay addiction'. But, I think I might be able to get away this month for the meeting!! Third times the charm right?!?! Well, I hope so anyways. Can't wait to meet you all and soak up some more knowledge!! :idea:

·
Registered
228 Posts
The 13th sounds good to me.

What are people planning on bringing to trade? I have some Pom Pom Xenia, green/purple zoanthids, and some yellow/brown porites.

Are people interested in trading live sand? My sand bed has plenty of worms but it is lacking in mini-stars/brittles. Anybody have a sand bed with an abundance of mini-stars?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a Giant Brown Rhodactis Mushroom, Candy Cane, Green star polyps, Kenya tree, Green Finger, Cauliflower coral Nephtea sp. , and some others I might frag...also have some sps's that I might frag...Haven't decided yet:)

Deep Sea is also setting a side frags to trade with us!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm going to bring some blue-spotted mushrooms, yellow polyps, and possibly some green sinularia. I just added my SPS so my frags haven't grown enough to frag. :p
Look forward to seeing you all.
Bryan

1 - 20 of 45 Posts