The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not to show up at the lfs with money in my pocket. of course, that will never happen. anywho, there i am pricing protien skimmers, when i ask if the big massive protien skimmer with the 2 1/4 output was meant for my sump.... and of course with a big grin on his face, the lfs owner, says "yep!".

i should have ran to my car screaming right then and there.

"how big of a tank will it do?" i asked politely. "250+" he repies..... can he make one similiar for a 75 or so?"
he replies" let me give him a call and get a price"

after about 5 mins of chatting on the phone, he comes back and says "not problem for $475."

it takes a few second from me to close my mouth in awe. then i look at the price of the big massive skimmer "why is this one priced at $275????" i asked dumbfoundedly...

then it hits the lfs owner >protien skimmer is miss priced also<.
"nevermind" i say, " i'll put 1/2 down on the skimmer and pic it up thursday!"

so, i start off with a 75gl reef ready aquarium, and get parts and equipment for a 200+ system. then after some time, i upgrade to a 200 gl system, and turn the 75gl into a refugium. does that sound right????? is that the way this hobby progresses? what have i gotten myself into!
:cool:

·
Bubble Algae Warrior
4,365 Posts
Ah. What's this? A priest! Ahh&#8230; Deity or deities! Forgive this abuse of your earthbound ambassador, but my calling is very specific. I'm crushing your head! I'm crushing your head, I'm crushing your head. Oh&#8230;ah&#8230;Hey, happy couples, how- wait a minute, that head, it's already been crushed!!
How appropriate for this particular topic of yours!

ROTFL

·
Registered
419 Posts
Cromagnum.... that's very funny! But unfortunately or fortunately (depending on your view..and don't forget husband/wifes view).. you are right on track.. that's how this hobby works.. and then one day, you're wondering where did you get all those aquariums! Next thing you know... your home is the best LFS in town!:funny:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts