The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just joined the forum and this is one of my first posts. My tank, a 14 gallon biocube with a protein skimmer and no other filtration changes (other than adding some cheatomorpha), just finished cycling. I was planning on getting some snails and a pair of clownfish, as soon as they are available at my lfs. I already have a damsel, some hermits, and an emerald crab in my tank. I was wondering how long I should wait before getting my first corals (I'm planning on getting some zoas and mushrooms). I know this question has probably already been asked before, but I couldn't find it on the forum, so sorry in advance. I was thinking maybe a week after getting the pair of clowns.
Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've had the tank for 3 weeks yesterday. Also, I only put in the fish and hermits because the people at my lfs told me to to help it cycle. They told me that they would probably be fine, and since I did the same in my freshwater tank I took their word for it. I didn't realize my mistake until after I found this website and did some deeper research.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Think better to wait for two more weeks and see how the water did during the weeks doing watertests. If all is ok, clean the tank and start adding 1 or 2 more fish. If that goes ok yopu should be fine

1 - 6 of 6 Posts