The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone, i have been about 6 months into my tank, with only zoanthids, and some mushroom coral. i will be posting an ongoing DIY about a canopy lighting with LED's and Metal Halide. everything from start to finish in a couple weeks. but my tank has been recovering from a recent crash when i was in the hospital my neighbor sucked at taking care of my 125 gallon tank!!:angry: anyways my params are pulling themselves together. but once the hoods done, id like to add some SPS to my tank and a lot more corals. when should i start this? should i wait?

Travis

·
300 Gallon Reef Tank
2,097 Posts
Id say when the parameters are in check then you can add some softies. Obviously the longer the tank establishes the better though. Its hard to find a good back up care giver for the tank. I'm trying to train my daughter to fill that spot.

·
Registered
216 Posts
ya i had my tank established for about 8-9 months before i added my first piece of sps... i had an underlying algae problem for a couple months and i think i had it in control but when i added 3 frags of some acros.. the algae flared up about a month later and i just pulled the last bleached acro from my tank this morning... :bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:

all i can say is make sure your parameters are perfect before you add them they are very sensitive i am getting my nano drilled tommorrow so i will have a sump/refugium where i can put chaeto in and what not so that will help in the long run good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts