The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good mawnin', TRT!

Coffee to drink or splash on your face. Cold water rinse, and you're fully awake. Breakfast fajitas, and a fresh fuit cup: peaches, blueberries, blackberries, cantaloupe, and nanners. A glass of milk to fill in the cracks.

Today I work 1:45-5:45 because I'm helping with a Zumba® Dance Party in the library's parking lot tomorrow AM. Many thanks to http://www.maryblackfoundation.org/ for funding Zumba® and yoga at 5 of the libraries in our system. We want Spartanburg to be healthy.:blob:

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Good morning Cath and all to come. Happy TGIF!
ZUMBA at the library Cath? Won't they get tired of you librarian types shushing them?:p
Wrapping up a good FD shift. Today is about lowering the grass and getting the logistics in place for my daughters certification dives this weekend. And for me to join them on Sunday for the second day of diving.:thumbup:
Hope y'all have a great day and a great weekend. I'll be back later.
Ray

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Morning Vinnie.
Is the enforced insomnia work related or home related?
Either way have a good one and sleep fast!
Ray

·
Super Moderator
27,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought I'd get out the pots and pans patrol...

I didn't get home until 10 last night and it will be the same tonight, then all weekend also, no rest for me until Tuesday or later next week.
Horrors, Vinnie! That is so wrong.

Ray - Congrats to Alison! The squirrel is on the lookout for photos.

ABout the noise at the library....we have Zumba every Sunday, but the door to the library community room is closed. This party will be outside in the parking lot.

·
Stinky Slimey FEESH
2,718 Posts
Good morning all, thanks for the pots/pans followed up by the coffee, Cath, cute picture! Sad last few days for us, we had to put my beautiful white dog, Abbey, down last night. She fell and dislocated a shoulder on Wednesday afternoon, after lots of tests we found she had bone cancer. She was 9 years old and the apple of our eyes. We miss her so much.

Off to work, hope everyone has a good weekend. Hug your pets!

HHC

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Morning all :fish:
Cath, tell the lil tyke to step way from the pots n pans,,,,,,or else LOL:agree:

I made the mistake of checking in here soon after awakening, pre coffee and morning dose o meds,,,could not get my brain n fingers to work together to throw out a morning hello at that time :crap: :gmorning: .

So here I is, after a 1/2 pot and time to let the meds do their thang (move/ function in a sorta human fashion)

Spent yesterday (from 8a to 8:30 p, w/ a few water-rest breaks thrown in) outside tending to the green stuff and getting it lowered. Not 100% done, but felt ok with what i did get knocked out;). I start my stretch of midnite shifts tonite, so i really don't wanna exert myself to a deficit if I gotta ruff nite tonite overnite, so I think starting out will be ac'd comfort in the shop putting those darn tools someone :rolleyes: always seems to put all over the place back in the proper spot, and then based on what the temps end up being here along with my deciding on doing so, might do some more mowing or DR trimming(Still using the borrowed one, gave $750 to the place up north fer my OWN new one the other day, so I have a coupla weeks until it gets shipped)

Wanna catch up on a few chores around here b4 I want to spend my time and labor on going over the "new" camper(Hold off on the squirrel, i WILL take some pics of it b4 and after i do my magic on it:p:rotflmao:) Trust me, I wanna get it outa here and down to Indy more than anyone, since parking in front of the shop is kinda tight now:mad:.)

Well, better get to gettin', the day is sneakin past me here .

Hope everyone has a great day! :wavey:

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
SO sorry HHC.
Been there on losing a canine friend myself less than a week ago, it's never easy :cry: .

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good near-noon morning, Cath, Vince, Ray, HHC, Jeff, Alex & Everyone! :)

More t-storms a good possibility but not quite so hot...upper 80's. Grass is growing so fast it's needing it again.

FishGirl is still recovering from her wisdom teeth extraction but improving. My leg and foot are showing some signs of improvement but my back is a different story. :( No work for today so I can take it easy but sure wish I could use the time off to do fun stuff instead of malingering. :(

Have fun with the Zumbas, Cath.

Have they got your office cleaned up yet, Vince?

Good luck to your daughter for her cert dives, Ray.

HHC, so sorry about your Abbey. Losses of loved ones, whether furry or otherwise, are tough.

Good luck with your midterm, Alex.

Jeff, with all your self-imposed tasks around the farmstead, how do you have time to fit in a work schedule? :funny:

The monument, dedicated in 1908, at the Fetterman battle site says there were "No Survivors". There were in fact a couple thousand survivors but they were all indians, just like at The Little Bighorn some 10 years later. There were some other inaccuracies in the plaque but like always, history is written by the winner of the war. Col. Carrington, who commanded Ft. Phil Kearny from which Fetterman rode, and whose orders Fetterman disobeyed, was present at the dedication.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Everyone!

Dick:)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,271 Posts
Morning all. HHC sorry about the loss of your pet. That is a necessary part of my wife's business, but when it is our own pet the pain and grief sets in.

Doing a ton of chores to support my wife today. Her phone is ringing again on top of relief work. Her assistant that seemed promising is too lazy to come to work. Cynthia and Missy interviewed a couple more with solid work histories.

Time to run to the LFS for a replacement bulb then sit in the sun and relax a bit. I'll get to the rest of the chores a little later.

·
Super Moderator
27,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi, Vinnie, Ray, HHC, Jeff, Alex, Dick, and anyone else who steps in the door. :)

Jeff - I think I know the same person who puts things in odd places while doing a project. :rolleyes:

So sorry HHC and Jeff, I know how hard it is to lose a furry friend...dogs are better people than most people and that makes it even harder. She is in dog heaven though with all the treats, squirrels and car rides she could ever want. Im really sorry for your loss, RIP Abbey.
Alex - That's about the nicest tribute you can make about a furry friends. HHC and Jeff, our TRT hearts are with you.

Dick - Thanks for the continuing history shorts from the Fetterman battle.
Good to hear that your leg is some better.

Wonder how Eric is doing?

Back to work for cath. See you all later.

·
Administrator
46,890 Posts
Good Morning Gang, one more night to go. I still need to go early and get the tire fixed, I was gonna do that yesterday but put on my new boots and found a seam that the thread came apart on so I took them back and got a different pair.
Sorry about the Dawg HHC, it's always tough we they have to leave .
looks like everyone has their hands full today

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
Morning everyone!! Yea! Friday!!!!

Well, I took the advise yesterday and did go to the Doc about the sting. No infection, no alergic reation, No shot, No antibiodics, no asprin, Nothing!! Today the swelling is almost completely gone. Guess I went to the Doc just one day too early.

I did find out that it wasn't a wasp sting. I went looking for the nest and it turned out to be a bald faced hornet that stung me....no wonder it hurt so bad.

Have a great day all!!

:D

·
Administrator
46,890 Posts
Morning everyone!! Yea! Friday!!!!

Well, I took the advise yesterday and did go to the Doc about the sting. No infection, no alergic reation, No shot, No antibiodics, no asprin, Nothing!! Today the swelling is almost completely gone. Guess I went to the Doc just one day too early.

I did find out that it wasn't a wasp sting. I went looking for the nest and it turned out to be a bald faced hornet that stung me....no wonder it hurt so bad.

Have a great day all!!

:D
Eric, watch out for those, they can be vicious :(

·
Super Moderator
22,146 Posts
Jeff, with all your self-imposed tasks around the farmstead, how do you have time to fit in a work schedule? :funny:
Funny you mention that Dick, I'm thinking the same thing:lol:
And I'm coming to the conclusion that that *ork thing is cramping my style around here :mad:. Ya know they want you there @ a certain time/day:rolleyes: taking up 10 hrs of my time,,,and heck,(no need to confirm this with anyone that knows me @ work LOL) I work MUCH harder for "free" here than what I do @ *ork,,and somehow tend to actually enjoy a good day's toilin' here, and feel run thru the wringer just being @*ork 8 hrs and have a "no-hitter" (NO calls= do NOTHING 'cept think about what i could be doing IF I was at home):arg:

I don't get it :confused:

Think I need to start playin' the lottery or sumpthin,,,,,:idea:

32+yrs of shiftwork, working in/where i'm at, basically not sleeping for a whole week(ok, 5 day workweek), every 3rd week for prob the last 20 yrs is taking it's toll,,,

Still think i need to get my pension numbers crunched and printed out for me, and start working on Blyth,,,more time here, less gas $$a week,,, wear/tear on my ride,,my rolling the big wheel of life on getting blow'd up electrically or 100ft trip/mistep fall is getting low on my odds IMO,,been lucky so far, don't wanna ruin my streak.(Plus inform her SHE gets more of my pension after/when I retire,and go to the big reef tank in the sky vs. if I meet my make @ work one day by not retiring) Gonna save the telling her of the $18K severance I'd get upon retiring , for the deal sealer ;) .

Great :doh:! Sitting down here to take a back break just took the "fire" outa me,,and is gonna have be ruff getting back in stride around here,,,oh well.

:wavey:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts