The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought an odyssea 20" 1x175w MH, 2x24 CF's, and 2 moon lights. This is for my future 30g cube reef tank that will definitely have a clam, some zoanthids, mushrooms, leathers, and many inverts. Just wondering what your opinions are on this set up, and whether or not it will be good enough? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
1x 175 on a 30 gallon is pretty much sufficent to keep any type of coral, even arcro, providing you have proprer water quality. IMO, its perfect. But- does the MH bulb have atnic b/c most corals enjoy having it.

·
Premium Member
14,398 Posts
I think youll be happy with that on a 30! When you get the fixture, experiment with how high you need it to be to get the coverage you want. Also keep a small fan handy just in case it raises the temp of the water more than you want. An open fixture shouldnt be too much of an issue but its best to be prepared!
The actinics make the colors on the coral "pop" and mostly serve an asthetic purpose for us.

Robert

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I got it off of ebay, still hasn't arrived, but the add says that the two 24w are actinics. Of course they could be lying to me, but right now I have no idea. How exactly do you tell?

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
What are the dimensions on the tank? if it is a 36" long tank, then you might have some dar areas in the corner of the tank. Other than that, sounds like you have a great fixture for the tank. When ou get the clam 1 year from now, make sure and put it in the middle of the tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts