The Reef Tank banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed my Zoas weren't opening up for about 3 weeks. Water was perfect, nothing out of the ordinary, just thought they were going through some growing process or something to that effect. I was looking at them today and noticed this little critter roaming through them. Any clue and is he harmful? He's in the sump for the time being till I find out. Thanks.

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
657 Posts
yes it's bad I can't remember what it's called off the top of my head but they eat zoo's.., just looked them up, sundials, anyway they're bad

jd

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmmm, kooky. Well, he's in the sump now, and soon to be in the garden. Hahaha Thanks for the ID.

·
Protect the Worlds Reefs
1,152 Posts
yes sundial snail will eat the tar out of the zoos. My suggestion. Get yours a cup of r/o water, use lugol iodine to the spec and dip all your zoos.

·
Registered
524 Posts
If you're going to dip you should also match the temp and ph of the RO water to your tank, and use about 2 drops of lugols per gallon of RO. Not everyone agrees with my method but I do a 5 min dip before any zoa or paly goes into my tank.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am definitely going to start dipping everything I purchase. I'm *** and elbows in the tank now looking for more. If there's one, there's probably more, so I better catch them before any damage occurs. I just read a thread about someone finding a mite of some sort on there Zoas, pinched it between his fingers to kill it and ended up in the emergency room within minutes. Got to be careful as well, not just me, everybody.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
rchull69 said:
I'm *** and elbows in the tank now looking for more.
hahahaha thats a good one! :thumbup:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I have issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts