The Reef Tank banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm.... It definetly looks like a worm but it looks different than the flatworms I generally see. How does it move?
moves kinda squiggly ...usually isnt straight like the pic ...although its straight right now and about half the size of the pic at the moment
...how bout the spider looking thing too!

· Premium Member
9,460 Posts
the spider looking things look like they might be micro brittle stars, generally a good detritovore. The worm..... well, the only worms I have had were much shorter and wider... I think a planarian actually. I'm afraid I can't really tell you what the worm-looking thing is. Well I could make something up if it makes you feel better :arg: but I don't think that would really help:rotflmao:

· Premium Member
34,741 Posts
i also think that the spider things are hydroids. fairly common when new LR is introduced to a tank.

i am going out on a limb and saying the worm is some kind of polychaete worm. :D i am betting if you knock it off the glass is swims around in helical swimming manner. i think these are usually out at night though.

G~

· Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the worm doesnt move around alot but he spnet almost all day (daylight) yesterday moving around the front glass but is gone now ...hope he didnt jump out ...eww

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.