The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I picked up these corals today. The guy at lfs didn't know the name of this zoanthid. Does anyone have any idea what the name of it could be? He did tell me the name of the coral in the first photo but they have closed and I can't get in touch w/ him, and I forgot. I do know that it is lime green something. Anyway can you help me figure this out.

Attachments

·
spsaddict
941 Posts
the one on the left is a candy cane coral lps the zoos are the same ones i got i think zoaid calls the mean greens.

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Hey, I picked up these corals today. The guy at lfs didn't know the name of this zoanthid. Does anyone have any idea what the name of it could be? He did tell me the name of the coral in the first photo but they have closed and I can't get in touch w/ him, and I forgot. I do know that it is lime green something. Anyway can you help me figure this out.
thats a nice candy cane you have there... :)
you should share :goofy:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure wolfe np. Just as soon as know that I'm not going to kill them lol. The zoos are very small, a little over 1/4" in diameter. How big in diameter wil these guys get? When I see pics of zoos for sale on line they look bigger. That mislead me a bit, but I imagine they will get bigger.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
The one on the left is also refered to as a trumpet coral. Zoanthids can vary in size depending on type and yours may be full grown already. Most online photos are done with a closeup macro lens so the zoanthids appear much larger.

·
The hammer is my...coral
1,501 Posts
Sure wolfe np. Just as soon as know that I'm not going to kill them lol. The zoos are very small, a little over 1/4" in diameter. How big in diameter wil these guys get? When I see pics of zoos for sale on line they look bigger. That mislead me a bit, but I imagine they will get bigger.
they are pretty hardy :)

you shoudl do good with them :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts