The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,763 Posts
salifert tests, kent additives(tech cb, and essential elements, and kalkwasser), caribsea-aragonite sand(indo-pacific livesand is my personal favorite), tunze stream pumps, and nanostreams. few different skimmers. probably do remoras or cpr bakpaks, coralifes, and asm/euroreefs for a nice selection. as far as flake food, i like the ocean nutrition brand. coral frenzy is good too. id go for current pc, and t5 lighting kits. mag-drive pumps.. if u were my lfs, thats what i would like to see. hth

· Registered
2,763 Posts
i bought the "master test kit" by api when i first got into this hobby, then bought the alk, and calcium api kits. then one day i bought a salifert kh kit and found that the salifert read 9dkh, when the api was reading 7... so i got a calcium kit and found that my calcium was over 500 when the api kit was reading low 400s, then got a salifert ph kit and found my ph low at 8.2, when api was reading around 8.6. havent used the api kits since, been in the closet collecting dust, and im wishing i should have bought salifert in the first place!! as for skimmers a venturi skimmer cant compare with a needlewheel, cant even cmoe close!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.