The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Saltwater Mom
6,229 Posts
I have to say I hate my coralife bulbs. I would rather have spent the extra 10 and got the xm but coralife was all the lfs had. Next time I am ordering online. Not saying you shouldn't carry them but I would offer a high end bulb as well. My lfs doesn't keep the many mh bulbs in stock so I had to have them order them. I asked for xm but all they could get from the vender was coralife.

· Saltwater Mom
6,229 Posts
My experience:
API, new test out of the box: Ammonia off the chart! I freaked went to lfs, they retested with seachem. Perfect. They exchanged for the seachem and I gladly paid the difference. Shelf life of 5 years is good for me cause I only test about once a month, sometimes less. I have had the same kit now well over a year. I just don't see testing every week when this is a mature system that hasn't had any issues. If something is wanky (like when I froze the tank) yeah I break out an test to make sure everything is still okay. Sure I have stress coat, for my fresh tank and that is only used when introducing new fish. Made the mistake of putting it in my salt tank with my very first expensive fish. My skimmer went mad! Had to do water changes for a week to make it stop. Skimmers: pay more get better! My mr1 pulls about 1/2 gallon sometime more if heavy feeding. Maybe this is why I never really worry about testing cause my water is super dooper clean. Bubba, you are welcome to your opionion that is what this site is all about. I am not a store owner or worker. I am a hobbyist that spent alot of money on crap I didn't need cause someone told me I did.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.