The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious as to what the other reefers are listening to out there?? What's playing on your CD player, PC or iPOd? Anohter forum I visit has a similar thread, and I've actually found quite a bit of "new"(to me) music this way.

Well, I'll kick it off......

Artist: Gentleman

Genre: Reggae

I personally listen to a lot of Reggae, but like all types of music ranging from Rage against the Machine all the way to Miles Davis.....

Sooooo, what are you guys listening too? Maybe if it's possible, post a link to some information or songs by the artist? http://audio.search.yahoo.com/search/audio?ei=UTF-8&fr=sfp&p=gentleman

OK link, just a quick search....Anyone else listen to this guy? Ironically enough he's a German reggae star.....:beer:

·
uber-stupid
4,781 Posts
Cannibal Corpse, Kill Sluts Mafia, The Accomodators, Napalm Death & Johnny Cash.

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
three90s&125sump.....pretty heavy stuff there! Well, minus the Cash I guess :)

VWD- gotta love some Frank Zappa, Lyrically he can be wacky.....but some of the music is unbelievable. I think the guys from Phish must have listened to a lot of Zappa, some of their stuff sounds very similar.

Alright, so no one is going to admit they have John Tesh playing? :lol: JK

·
11,345 Posts
ReelFreak said:
VWD- gotta love some Frank Zappa, Lyrically he can be wacky.....but some of the music is unbelievable. I think the guys from Phish must have listened to a lot of Zappa, some of their stuff sounds very similar.
Frank zappa is one of the greatest composers of all time....most people cant get past what he is (was) saying to hear that part of it though LOL
phish are collectively as talented individually as any group that ever was...again.......most people cant get past their strangeness..i mean c'mon...who cant appreciate rock played on a dentists vacuum???

someone wanna post the lyrics for dinah moe hum?????:funny: That was always one of my fav's.....My screen name on a internet dating site many, many years ago was, "some guy who dinah moe hum owes a forty dollar bill to"

·
Fish Killin' Reef Keeper
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got a spot that makes me hot, but you aint been to it!! ;) Funny stuff Fly guy....

Yeah the strange lyrics seem to turn most people away....OH well for them! And as for Phish and the Vacuum, I saw them live in Tampa back in 90 or '91 and almost fell on the floor when I saw the drummer get up and play the vac, while the bassist played the drums.....I think they played "stairway to heaven" and then lead into "La grange" from ZZ Top!!!

I like what's in your truck there Fly Guy, I've been a long time Blues Traveler fan....since the first album :)

·
Premium Member
14,531 Posts
Fly Guy said:
Thank you Kelli.:D

I need to figure out how to post a video..or link to one......i got a funny little clip of him this morning......
I've not tried it but I think you can upload Video on photobucket

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Jack Johnson, Postal Service, Deathcab, Taking Back Sunday for the most part. My sister knows the dude from deathcab. But yeah, when Im going to work, I like to put in some old school E-40, Westside Connection, Too short, maybe some transplants or somethin. Something to get me semi-pumped up to put in the hours!

Gotta love some mellow Jack and Postal service though.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,192 Posts
ReelFreak I got to see Jimmy Cliff in Belfast. If you ever get a chance see him.

Lemme see..got a Joe Cocker Live, Gwen Stefanie, old Eminem and Stones anthology loaded in the CD changer. Yeah yeah all over the map.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts