The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everyone :)

Coffee, western omelets, corn bread, Texas toast, fresh fruit and a glass of milk to fill in the cracks.

Off to a plant sale in a sec. See you all later.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Finally some light rain and drizzle here. C'mon grass grow already!

After this is attempt number one to make some bread then a boatload of chores.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good morning, everyone :)

Coffee, western omelets, corn bread, Texas toast, fresh fruit and a glass of milk to fill in the cracks.

Off to a plant sale in a sec. See you all later.
i cant think of anything that sounds better to fix this hangover. Going to the store now get some or all of whats listed above!

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Well it is not the prettiest thing but here is my first loaf of bread. Baking is sort of like chemistry and a monster might be unleashed here.

Oh yeah, I used the big pan instead of the little one because I had no clue there was a difference. This recipe is for an eight inch one. A slice of melted sharp cheddar on slices of this with apple chunks should cover the mistake up. There is a lot to learn ahead.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Cool Doug. I hope you get some pictures of Brady and the copters.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Wow slow news day here in M'Ville. Must be the volcano in Iceland or something.

·
Super Moderator
27,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doug - glad to hear that Brady got to feeling better. What Perry said about photos with him and the helos.

Perry - I hate to tell you this, but girls like helos, too. Kids in general like big moving earth machines, trains, planes, and automobiles ;)
I'm sure the bread is (or was) delicious. Chemistry is a huge part of baking.

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
Good Evening All!:wavey:

I've been off work all week and working harder than if I had gone to work.

Mowed the lawn last weekend. Put down fertilizer/weed killer mid-week. Put up chicken wire and then lattice around the bottom of the shed. Planted some new plants in a new flower bed. Cleaned the Jeep (which was already sold just not given up yet). Got the ball rolling on the loan for the new Jeep. Played with the dog. Just to name a few things.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Good Guy Day out :)
Great pic Doug. Cath the bread was incredible, but I just want to make a couple of plain old pioneer style loafs. Yep, it is all about chemistry.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Evening, Guys!

I'm stuffed full of all sorts of Chinese, Korean, Thai, Brazilian, Welsh, and other assorted delicacies from the International Food Fest at FishGirl's school. It was deeeelicious!

Fine looking loaf of bread, Perry. Good luck to Cynthia on her board exam.

Good Guy Day out :)
Outstanding, Doug!! :thumbup:

You were a busy guy this week, Eric.

Dick:)

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Ok everyone ready for this....here is an update on the project.....

First is a picture of Ayden making Jello for tonights supper...

Here is a before shot...

A few progress pictures....

Waiting for Ayden to get it all packed down...

Front shot....

Final progress for today...

·
Super Moderator
27,543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I've been off work all week and working harder than if I had gone to work.

Mowed the lawn last weekend. Put down fertilizer/weed killer mid-week. Put up chicken wire and then lattice around the bottom of the shed. Planted some new plants in a new flower bed. Cleaned the Jeep (which was already sold just not given up yet). Got the ball rolling on the loan for the new Jeep. Played with the dog. Just to name a few things.
No wonder you're pooped out, Eric. Brain work and muscle work wears you out. Good that you had a chance to play with the dog.

Perry - There's no reason that bread couldn't be cut for a sammich. Just cut from a different angle.

Dick - you won't need to eat for a week! :rolleyes:

Cary - Impressive job ..no doubt you couldn't have done it without Ayden's help. Great photos.

Doug - that photo of Brady is classic.

How was the plant sale Cath ?
Had a good time at the plant sale, Tom. Thanks for asking. I bought 3 Trailing Plectrauthus for the shady front yard (under the maple tree). For the sunnier back yard I bought Dusty Miller, Lisianthus, Mexican Sunflower and a light yellow miniature petunia called Baby Duck in a small container to hang. Also a beautiful Boston Fern for my car port. I'm so excited. :dance:

Nitee nite, all. Last one to sleep is a rotten egg.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,392 Posts
Cath great news on the plants. I might turn the water on here tomorrow to start our growing season. We are in zone 2A or something out of 26 but who cares what the experts say.

They switched up the lecturer schedules at Cynthia's conference so tomorrow might be a ditch day. That means throwing in brunch into the middle of the hunnydo list.

Have a fine eve TRT!

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good Sunday Morning, Gang! :)

Doug, I bet Brady had a ball seeing all those copters and planes. Nuthin excites a boy more than things that fly.

Cary, Ayden did a fine job on the lawn project. Good that you had some big guys to spare him the heavy lifting. ;) Looking good!

Perry, today might be a good day just to pamper your local vet a little bit.

The International Food Fest at FishGirl's school last night was a big success, with some fantastic exotic dishes from around the world, all prepared by the kids from different countries with just a little technical help from the pro kitchen staff.

How 'bout some DDuk Go Chi and spicy chicken?

Pad Thai, anyone?

Sushi?

Spicy beans and chocolate treats from Brazil.

And even some Fish 'n Chips from Wales!

I enjoyed it almost a little too much.

Enjoy the day,

Dick:)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts