7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blog Created for whatevva

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My First Post...

It was on Christmas Day 2005. My wife gave me the go ahead to research and build a tank. Here's that post:

Hello Everyone!! Introduction and questions..
<HR style="COLOR: #000000" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Hi Everyone,
I wanted to introduce myself and ask a couple general questions. I've had several fresh water tanks and I have a 10000 gallon 2-teir pond outside with various Koi and other species. The idea of a Reef aquarium is totaly new to me, but my wife has given me the go ahead to set one up as a Christmas present. All I have right now is a book called Salt Water Aquariums for Dummies(no laughing). The book will give me the basic needs, but you guys have names and model numbers of preferred equipment. I'm planning on about 100 gallon tank. Where can I get a good tank and stand, and what other euipment should I be looking for? Money is not really an issue. Thank you in advance. I'm really excided about this!!

Butch
<!-- / message -->

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tom's Reply...

Partial....

Enjoy the trip as much as the destination, and again, Welcome to TRT!<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, after TONS of reading, I decided to buy a complete setup from a LFS. The thought was to build a rep-or with someone, and even though I was paying a bit more, it would pay for itself with the knowledge that I had "friend" in the business. (MAN! Was THAT a mistake!)

Here's what the original system was comprised of:

Oceanic 90 Gallon Bow Front Tank
Oceanic Stand and Canopy
Kent Marine 60 Gal Hi-S RO\DI Unit
20 Gallon Precision Marine Sump
Precision Marine Bullet One Skimmer
Sedra KSP900 Skimmer Pump (900GPH)
Precision Marine Calcium Reactor
Eheim 1048 reactor Pump
Mag 12 Return Pump
2 Maxi-Jet 1200's to Spray Bars
CoraLife Turbo-Twist 6X 18W Sterilizer