The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently struck a deal with my lfs, i took care of some work around their yard, and in exchange, they said they will trade out whatever i want, im thinking around 100-150 worth of whatever. so... what would you guys want if you could have anything? here is what im thinking,
1. they have a blasto mussa that has very large polyps, about 3 seperate types on one rock (roughly 80$)
2. i really like yellow watchman gobies, but im not sure about my stock. i have 1 cherub angel, 1 neon goby, 1 pj cardinal, 1 bi color blenny, and 1 royal gramma, in a 46 gallon with 20 sump. think i can get away with another fish? i have good husbandry. consistant water changes, i actually just traded a pair of clowns and everyone did fine before, but i did it for the better of my tank, i felt i was over stocked.
3. i have 1 peppermint shrimp and 1 blood, i would like another, should i get another of either one? or something else?
4. they have a great selection of coral, and they can order anything i want, im sticking with softs or lps, so if you can get anything, what would you suggest? id like something "cool" and "original" any ideas?

·
Retired Wanderer
17,190 Posts
Man five fish already. I have four just like yours in a 55g and they are puny but seems just right to have five total.

I would go with some frags if they have some you like.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what about trading the PJ for the watchman, and still rackin up with some coral?

·
11,345 Posts
Cant go wrong with that blasto but as much as you love your reef(and as fine a line as you are riding to being overstocked), i think you should find a used 80-120 tank and stand for a couple of hundred bucks, and have them give you their cost minus the work you have done for the equipment needed.

just a thought...

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
to tell you the truth im sure you could have the watchman as long as you keep up with your tank. Gobies arnt exactly nitrate machines like tangs. and the other little cleaner goby you have probly doesnt even affect the bio load in any major way. So if it were me i would get the watchman if you really want to. I doubt you would be seeing anything other then a cleaner sand bed. And if you see any noticeable nitrate, phosphate..etc...then i would ditch the Pj....thats just my 2 cents..hope that helps

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks everyone, im going to get a bigger tank before too long, but i dont think i can work that trade, because as everyone knows, bigger tank = bigger everything else. so thats comming later, probably get the blasto, its pretty nice, maybe another shrimp or 2, and what ever else i can get off them.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
whatevva said:
Andy, we'll need pics as soon as the bag hits the water, K?
you know you can count on me! ;) whats everyones opinion on a shrimp goby pair? too much for my tank?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts