The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lolz now it's staghorn? :nuts: ok how much do you think a frag of this one? let's say 1 inch.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank's Tim. Yep, im planning to get my SPS tank running very soon that's why I'm in the market. :)

I cannot keep my softies and zoas in an SPS tank, it will not survive because the water would be clean. I tried it before , zoas didn't survive. So I'm cycling another tank for sps frags. :)

·
Just some guy, you know?
22,737 Posts
What was meant was Acropora SP. It is almost impossible to be 100% sure of an id of an Acro without killing it, bleaching the skeleton, and examining it under a microscope. For most people, they simply stop at "Acropora" then if they want tag something like "stag" to describe a growth shape.

That piece at an LFS around here could go for anywhere from $20-$60 depending on where you go. It is bigger than a Frag IMHO, usually frags are just 1 inch or less, without any branches.

Whiskey

·
Premium Member
7,654 Posts
Wiskey said:
What was meant was Acropora SP. It is almost impossible to be 100% sure of an id of an Acro without killing it, bleaching the skeleton, and examining it under a microscope. For most people, they simply stop at "Acropora" then if they want tag something like "stag" to describe a growth shape.

I was just going to post that. :)

Somtimes it's hard enough even determining the genus let alone species.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts