The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what should i use to secure my coral to my live rock? i need something that will last and hold strong for years to come. i do have one obstical i am living in Okinawa, Japan and i would have to have any product shiped if i can not find it on island.

Thanks for reading!!!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i should ask what i can use without taking the rock and coral out of water? still super glue gel or reef safe epoxy?

·
The Bitter Mod
7,059 Posts
super glue gel or reef safe epoxy

Don't be afraid to take coral out of the water for short periods of time. There numerous corals exposed to direct sun light and air for hours everyday.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
reef keeper- nice under hood pic, you would love the cars in Japan i have a R33, and a Legacy B4 super sweet cars!!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
reef keeper- nice under hood pic, you would love the cars in Japan i have a R33, and a Legacy B4 super sweet cars!!!
Thanks dude, that's the SR20 swap in my 95' 240sx, I bet there are alot of nice cars around there. I'm a big Nissan geek, what model is your R33, GTR, GTS-T? Also....have you been to the Okinawa aquarium, its supposed to be amazing...

·
Underwater Demolitions
11,547 Posts
Great question!

Believe it or not I just posted about this in the think tank. Gluing seems easy in theory but really hard in practice.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Believe it or not I just posted about this in the think tank. Gluing seems easy in theory but really hard in practice.
It can be a little difficult, just something you will have do a few times to get it down.

This is exactly what I use, it does pretty good...

I usually apply the adhesive to the coral and then place it where I want on a rock in the tank.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
its GTR stock well not stock put larger fule injectors, bigger headers (waste of money) mushroom intake, blow off and all in all fast.... but sadly my subaru is faster lol you know the 240 is called a 180 here i had a friend who combined the body of a silvia and 180 called it a sil80 lol.. i have not made it to the aquarium waiting for a rainy weekend lol (soon i hope) it is indeed supposed to be amazing i will post pics when i go.

can anyone provide a reputible website that sells this super glue gel prefferbly that will ship to over seas millitary?

for using this site for the first time i am very pleased you guys are awesome!!!

·
Premium Member
26,466 Posts
haha, I don't want too get this thread too off topic, but I did put a Silvia front end on my friends 94' 240SX. that turned out to be a great Drifter, we ended up swapping about 5 engines before we got one that worked great, and then added a turbo. the guy ended up getting away from the drift racing (wife made him stop, haha) so we ended up doing a full show car out of it, turned out great if you ask me, took out the back seat, striped it bare metal, and painted. total custom fiberglass job, and about 6000w sound system.

back then we had our own auto shop, and imported car parts that his brother in Indonesia made at his factory, we ended up fabricating 240 parts, mostly intakes, exhaust parts, manifolds, and harness mounts, and roll cages. he also sold sound systems, for an Asian based manufacturer. I forget the name but it was something Acoustic, like ASB or something, I'll have to look it up when I get home...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha that sounds like what my friend did to his sil-80, having my own auto shop whould be ideal but the parking lot surfices for now lol. thanks for your input on the thread and hope you tag along i am fixing to build my sump and could use all the help i can get

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thank you all for the help... i have used fixit super glu gel with sucess!! 1 down many more to go lol thanks again!!!

nate bro- i will be starting a thread for the sump and will post the link soon!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts