The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do I feed my LR to bring it along a little faster? I know you need to know what it's alive with but honestly I don't know "yet". Stuff is sprouting out all over, I have planted nothing. Lots of immature growth's. Somethings that look like cotton balls other things that look like an upside down umbrella, etc, no hard corals. The guy I bought the LR from had some kind of drops but he wouldn't give me anymore info, like it was his little secret, if you want to know more pay me type of additude. Thanks 4 the internet! Thanks in advance, Lon

·
Retired Wanderer
17,194 Posts
Cotton balls and black stuff just scrape off with a butter knife weekly. Then do a little water change every couple of weeks and pick up maybe three James Michener novels and read em. Centennial, Hawaii and Alaska are good starters.

Six weeks later do a huge water change and put a clean up crew and a fish in there.

·
Administrator
34,435 Posts
welcome to the boring part of setting up a tank. you do not need to feed your LR it will be fine with just water changes once a week. you really do not even have to do that if you do not want to. when i setup my tank again i did not do a water change for over a month. i was just letting the tank cycle on its own. over two months later i am still just sitting on my hands. the longer you wait and let the tank cycle on its own the better off you will be.

G~

1 - 4 of 4 Posts