The Reef Tank banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two tangs in my 29 gallon reef. The scopas belongs to a friend ? whose tank crashed and hasent come back for it. The regal is tiny but i feel my bioload is too high. How many fish should a mature 29 have with wet dry filtration and good skimmeng? What should I do with the tangs?

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
. The regal almost died of ich a few months ago, spent a month in QT, but now hes growning like mad, getting fat, and super healthy. The scopas is very helthy but has HLLE that has not been cured. A larger tank must wait a year or too. I want to get them good homes now so that they dont outgrow my tank and my bio loaad wont be too high

·
Registered
163 Posts
a tang in a 29gal will prob keep getting ich until it finally dies, wife got me one, got ich and died. wiped out some other fish with it. a few months later, not knowing what happened, my daughter got me another tang. you guessed it, ICH AGAIN. got rid of the tang and never saw mr. ich again. just my experience for what its worth.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
typically tangs should be kept in atleast a 6ft tank (only exception, maybe, would be a yellow tang in a 90)

Like Vince said... try to find a LFS that would be willing to take them in... Or an even better idea, you could upsize your current tank!

·
Sumpless Girl
2,377 Posts
i am officially anti-tang!! there like ich magnets or something

if i had a 200 gallon tank id try it tho :funny:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts